Some questions about the beginners game

By Fiercerebel, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

I am going to buy the box set to play a game with me and my family(me being the GM), but I am unsure about a couple things.

1. After you finish the adventure in the box and the one I can download online, can I as a GM continue the campaign with the basic rules that the game provides?

2.Since I playing through the adventures with my family(Who have never played a role playing game, and neither have I) is it easy to teach and learn the rules.

Thanks

1. After you finish the adventure in the box and the one I can download online, can I as a GM continue the campaign with the basic rules that the game provides?

Yes, but the basic games does not have rules for character creation. If you are playing with the pre-made characters, you may need to find a way to have them swap out characters if they do not with to continue to use them after (or you can let them make ones covering the bases that the pre-gens cover before starting).

2.Since I playing through the adventures with my family(Who have never played a role playing game, and neither have I) is it easy to teach and learn the rules.

Yes, the beginner games hand hold you through the process. They gradually introduce rules and evolve the complexity of the game, until you are playing with 90% of the rules at the end of the game.

Depends for how long. Each character folio gives you some talents to spend XP on, but it only goes so far. At some point you will need one of the core books. In addition to the character information, there is a lot of material on how to run a game, design your own campaigns, and tons of other material. There is also an adventure in the back. If you get the GM screen it also comes with an adventure, so there's a lot of material to keep you busy for a while.

These beginner boxes are the best introductions to RPGs I've seen. Yes, the first session is a bit "railroady", but it's more important to learn the rules than have the characters going off in unexpected directions. Once you get to the PDF addition, you'll be equipped to handle most of the scenarios that might come up, including unexpected character decisions.