BUNCHA newbie questions

By LETE, in Middle-earth Quest

Hello!

Playing for a bit now, some things aren't clear, help, please!:

1. On a two player game, the default is: one player uses one Hero & the other one uses Sauron, right?

Can one player choose to play various Heroes instead? If this is legal, then, the two player game special rules are void &, the game is treated like a "normal" (more than two players) game, right?

2. About the Travel Step, under the Hero's Turn sequence: If one of the "phases" (A: Travel, B: Peril/Combat, C: Exploring), is not chosen as an option (ie. the player doesn't Travel), are all the others void/disregarded? Clarifying: if I don't want to Travel, then I can't Combat/Peril &/or Explore?

Thanks!

Lete

LETE said:

1. On a two player game, the default is: one player uses one Hero & the other one uses Sauron, right?

Can one player choose to play various Heroes instead? If this is legal, then, the two player game special rules are void &, the game is treated like a "normal" (more than two players) game, right?

Yep, default is Sauron vs 1 Hero. We play both 1-Hero and 2-Hero 2-player games, there is nothing really that needs to be adjusted, just play turns in order Sauron, Hero 1, Hero 2, Sauron, etc.

LETE said:

2. About the Travel Step, under the Hero's Turn sequence: If one of the "phases" (A: Travel, B: Peril/Combat, C: Exploring), is not chosen as an option (ie. the player doesn't Travel), are all the others void/disregarded? Clarifying: if I don't want to Travel, then I can't Combat/Peril &/or Explore?

The sequence of the Travel Step is: Move, Peril/Combat, Explore. If you don't move, you can explore the location you started your turn in, skipping Move and Peril/Combat. Additional Travel Steps will include all three steps.

During the "Explore Phase" a Hero is consulting with a Character, but doing so only get the Hero one of the Character's "gifts". Can the Hero remain in the same spot, explore again & get the Character's other "gift"? Isn't that a little twisted?

L

LETE said:

During the "Explore Phase" a Hero is consulting with a Character, but doing so only get the Hero one of the Character's "gifts". Can the Hero remain in the same spot, explore again & get the Character's other "gift"? Isn't that a little twisted?

L

When you consult with a character, whichever gift you take, the character returns to the Character & Favor Pool:

"When a hero consults with a character, he may do one of
the following"

and

"After the hero finishes consulting with a character, the
character token is returned to the Favor and Character area of
the game board." (p. 24)

Hello!

Thanks for that - we were playing that last part wrong!

L

I have some questions and i would like you to answer them if you can

There is an event card with green flag in play and we have already placed one favor and one Aragorn character, then a new event card with green flag comes and i discard the previosu event card with green flag and i leave aragorn character and favor on the board and then i resolve another event card where i place for example theoden and 2 favors?

some question will come later in the evening :D

Lighteens said:

I have some questions and i would like you to answer them if you can

There is an event card with green flag in play and we have already placed one favor and one Aragorn character, then a new event card with green flag comes and i discard the previosu event card with green flag and i leave aragorn character and favor on the board and then i resolve another event card where i place for example theoden and 2 favors?

some question will come later in the evening :D

Characters only leave when Heroes consult with them or more rarely from a Plot card (there is one).