Void Hardened Armour?

By Vandegraffe, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Have there been any official rules posted for void hardened armour? It features in a certain grimdark tabletop wargame, but I don't know if it's been ported to Dark Heresy yet. If so, please point me in the right direction. And no, I don't have all the rules supplements. Yet.

(Short version, it's an armour modification. Slows you down a bit, but improved protection against blast / spray and better resistance to void conditions.)

Cheers,

- V.

There's definitely Ceramite Plating which gives +3 AP against attacks with the Flame, Melta, or other heat-based qualities... Nothing quite-so similar to what your describing, though.

If you're looking for a Houserule, perhaps Obsidian Plate could be used as a base? Giving an additional +10 to resist indirect Blasts, Flame, Spray, and other such weapon qualities?

In the Black Crusade Core Rulebook they have an armour upgrade that may be of help.

The availability is equal to the armor being upgraded.

049f5283efd54ca1a46dca44256dae13.jpg

Okay, guess I wasn't entirely clear. I was asking if there were official rules so I wouldn't have to houserule it. (FYI, I do have the Black Crusade rules. However, I'm not sure I want to use them for DH, as they're now two games out of date. It would be nice to have power armour that didn't suck, though. Besides, that would be heresy, wouldn't it? ;) )

The crunch & fluff for the tabletop version of void hardened armour make it pretty clear it isn't just vac-sealed. It has a movement penalty, provides vacuum protection, and offers a significant boost in protection against blast & templates. Wait... *facepalm* ... kind of like how DH's guard flak armour offers extra AP against blasts... Gee, guess I don't have to look far for a suitable game mechanic now do I?

Thanks anyway - sorry, really should've figured that one out on my own.

Cheers,

- V.

Oh, you were very clear, we just recognised that there weren't official rules and thus offered you alternatives.

No worries. :)