This is everything I hate about the FFG hype

By Amanal, in Star Wars: Destiny

Hey Darksbane, any plans to add a SWD section to cardgamedb??? :)

I can't say that I have any plans. ;)

Was worth a shot to ask :)

Ahh, I remember the first great CCG boom. So many weird things were made.

Remember hyperborian gates, wyvern and galactic empires? :D

Yes. I owned and played galactic empires.

If anyone wants to complain about exploitation in CCGs, Hyperborean Gates was fantastic: "First Player is whoever bought the most booster packs."

It wouldn't hurt to remember all the many ccgs that have died over the years, including the star wars one. I think for every mtg, pokemon and yugioh that are still going strong after a decade or two there are dozens of ccgs that have died and aren't even worth the paper they're printed on.

But hey if there's a strong local scene for this game 6 months from now I'll give it a try. Even if I feel like odds are pretty strong this won't last more than a few years.

Also the first Collectable Dice Game: Dragon dice!

DragonDiceStarter.jpg

dragondicekickerpack.jpg

That also petered out after a few years. To bad really.

Actually Dragon Dice is still being produced (by SFR., http://www.sfr-inc.com - a small company) and played. They are at GenCon, BTW.

Besides, I love dice games, and I even asked for a dice-based LCG (even though I was thinking more to Star Trek Collectible Dice Game than to Dice Masters - as this seems to be, as far as selling model goes), so I'm looking forward to watching a game play video to see how good the game is.

Edited by danilo

It wouldn't hurt to remember all the many ccgs that have died over the years, including the star wars one. I think for every mtg, pokemon and yugioh that are still going strong after a decade or two there are dozens of ccgs that have died and aren't even worth the paper they're printed on.

But hey if there's a strong local scene for this game 6 months from now I'll give it a try. Even if I feel like odds are pretty strong this won't last more than a few years.

Also the first Collectable Dice Game: Dragon dice!

That also petered out after a few years. To bad really.

Actually Dragon Dice is still being produced (by SFR., http://www.sfr-inc.com - a small company) and played. They are at GenCon, BTW.

Besides, I love dice games, and I even asked for a dice-based LCG (even though I was thinking more to Star Trek Collectible Dice Game than to Dice Masters - as this seems to be, as far as selling model goes), so I'm looking forward to watching a game play video to see how good the game is.

I...Did not know that. Sweet! Thanks for the info.

I had all the sets up to and including swamp stalkers. Ah daemon dice, saw that one in Inquest but never had it.