Advice on running a league?

By Ophion, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

So as the burning hulk of my ISD breaks apart and slowly dies out after the last game of Regionals, a suitably finalactic end to the days of Wave 2.....

Wave 2 in our area has seen our player numbers stay steady, but the games "vibe" has been a bit low.

Next chance to boot the game up a gear is with the imminent release of waves 3 and 4. These are pretty exciting in themselves, but I was wondering (if our local store is able to support) whether a league would be a good opportunity to capitalise and build the local meta some more.

What I'm thinking (assuming local store is happy to help/facilitate):

- In store and facebook advertising for league for approx 2 weeks before kickoff.

- Target start date 2 weeks post release of W3 and 4.

- Rules for league published early so people know and can plan.

- 400 point standard lists. No funny stuff.

- Ability to adjust list between games so people are happy to try things out without being locked in.

Are there any generic rules for running leagues available?

Any advice or experiences people are happy to share?

Honestly, you're completely on the right track.

Keep any league scoring fairly simple, to minimise your own bookwork.

If you're going to keep a formal league track, put it up where people can at least see who is in the lead, if they don't have a breakdown.

The league we run in Calgary is far more casual. As its come and go as you please.

$5 buy in, gets you the "everyone" card (Leading shots for Spring, XI7 for Summer), and then I only track:

Wins (2pt)
Losses (1pt)
Pimpouts (1pt)

The Pimpout is when someone posts a battle report on the forums or facebook or similar.

End of the league, small prize for Most Wins, Most Losses, Most Points.

Halfway through the league, roll a die on the member names and toss an Alt-Art Card or two to random people.

But definitely, I think you've got the right framework ideas already above.

IF however, you can't get a Kit... Then just substitute what else you can for prizing. Even if its a small amount of Store Cred paid for out of said "league dues".

Hey thanks for the advice Dras. Working on the store now to see what we can get going

Why not start at 200 points and work up to 400 say 25-50 points a week?