Custom scenarios no more?

By LagAdder, in Mansions of Madness

Pretty much looks like it. :unsure:

I do hope I'm wrong and there will be some way to design custom scenarios within the application. Should that be the case I'd be wiling to give it a whirl. :)

Golem Arcana provided a scenario editor so players could design their own scenarios, I really hope FFG will provide such a feature.

I thoroughly looked at the application - no means to create custom scenarios. Bummer. :mellow:

Mayhaps this feature will be added at some point in time further down the road. *keeps fingers crossed* :)

I hope FFG will make such a custom scenario editor. I am willing to pay this 100USD for the new game if they provide free support for it, I fear they will ask for even more money for new digital scenarios tho.

Well, having a developer developing new scenarios and testers testing them doesn't come for free, so, I hardly think we'll see downloadable only content for free. Possibly a couple of scenarios here and there, but the app is made with the idea of making a profit out of it

Well, having a developer developing new scenarios and testers testing them doesn't come for free, so, I hardly think we'll see downloadable only content for free. Possibly a couple of scenarios here and there, but the app is made with the idea of making a profit out of it

Are the expansions going to be a digital purchase or physical?

The six print-on-demand scenarios for first edition consisted of material that only exists in digital form in second edition.

So it's safe to say that these kind of scenarios will be a digital purchase. Which means those never run the danger of going out of stock, plus they may also come at a lower price than the pod scenarios for 1st edition.

@Gladeflower: I also hope FFG will provide a scenario creation tool. This is just the beginning, so to me it's still a possibility.

Edited by LagAdder

The six print-on-demand scenarios for first edition consisted of material that only exists in digital form in second edition.

So it's safe to say that these kind of scenarios will be a digital purchase. Which means those never run the danger of going out of stock, plus they may also come at a lower price than the pod scenarios for 1st edition.

@Gladeflower: I also hope FFG will provide a scenario creation tool. This is just the beginning, so to me it's still a possibility.

So am I correct in saying that some small expansions will be sold as digital only, while other bigger box expansions with be sold as a physical box with free app update?

Are the expansions going to be a digital purchase or physical?

Who knows? Probably both, but really, no idea

So am I correct in saying that some small expansions will be sold as digital only, while other bigger box expansions with be sold as a physical box with free app update?

Yes, 100%. We'll see what GenCon brings us in terms of official information on that, but in my book that's exactly how FFG is going to handle additional content.

Although I do hope that *if* they will provide a scenario editor some time in the future, that they'll be able to do so free of charge.

Edited by LagAdder