Let us rally against the collectible overlords!

By Supertoe, in Star Wars: Destiny

We can't let FFG get bullied by those french bankers into making collectible games. Let us stand together to show our love of LCGs!

Please post here to let FFG/asmodee know your hatred! Let's make the biggest anti-TCG thread ever! Don't buy into to it, they might then think that this was a good idea!

Why not? There's market space for collectible and non collectible games. In this case a collectible game makes more sense. Don't like it then play one of the other 5 FFG Star Wars products, we have:

-A LCG non collectible card game

- A dogfight miniature games

- A grand scale miniatures game

- A dungeon crawler that doubles as a skirmish game

- A twctcial board game for 2or 4 players

Now we are adding a collectible card and dice game

All that's left is a coop and a worker placement and we've hit the jackpot

Well as long as they keep the LCG "living", they can make collectable dice games for all I care.

Why not? There's market space for collectible and non collectible games. In this case a collectible game makes more sense. Don't like it then play one of the other 5 FFG Star Wars products, we have:

You forgot the roleplaying games.

Workerplacement game:

Star Wars: Death star.

Generate enough gunners, pilots and storm troopers to man your fully operation battlestation and blow up the rebel base before Luke shoots a proto torpedo down the shute! :D *

* Actually... I'd play that!

No. I love this concept and am super excited about it.

You forgot the roleplaying games.

Workerplacement game:

Star Wars: Death star.

Generate enough gunners, pilots and storm troopers to man your fully operation battlestation and blow up the rebel base before Luke shoots a proto torpedo down the shute! :D *

* Actually... I'd play that!

I'd totally play that! Some kind of Empire/Death Star Management game! Or rival hutt cartels? FFG, give this guy a job!

This model of play is a good idea and I trust (yes, I said trust of an actual corporation) that FFG can and will make this work better than any other CCG company has.

I hope all the chicken-littles in this section of the boards go and hide under rocks now.

no need to rally against them. If you don't want to play this type of game, simply don't play it. It's as simple as that.

I'm just sad they haven't made some truly multiplayer games for Star Wars yet. By Multiplayer I mean more than 2 sides. Like we can play 3, or 5 players, each player trying to win.

Anyone remember Epic Duels? Oh man if FFG made something LIKE that (maybe slightly more depth), it'd be insane.

I'm actually getting a huge Epic Duels vibe FROM this, due to the mix & match characters from whatever era and the win condition just being be the last characters standing.

I said this in another thread, but from the look of it (granted it's still early) but it *seems* like we should be able to add more heroes and possibly do more players on each team or free-for-alls. With the win condition just being as simple as it is it should be fine. At least a lot easier than the LCG.

no need to rally against them. If you don't want to play this type of game, simply don't play it. It's as simple as that.

I'm just sad they haven't made some truly multiplayer games for Star Wars yet. By Multiplayer I mean more than 2 sides. Like we can play 3, or 5 players, each player trying to win.

Anyone remember Epic Duels? Oh man if FFG made something LIKE that (maybe slightly more depth), it'd be insane.

How about a scum turf war in x-wing? Have, say 8 players each with one or two (scum) ships fighting, last ship standing wins.

you might not even need even number of players and just have everybody on everybody and let people switch alliances and backstab each other. The scenario is that two galacitic crime cartells (Hutts/black sun) are fighting a turf war over a backwater planet. and they send their mercenaries and bountyhunters to slug it out.

But what do I do with all these torches and pitchforks? :D

Thing is, Im fully ok with the fact of "If I dont like this, simply dont buy it but let others be happy with it" BUT....

1: I truly hope that if this makes masses of money, FFG dont decide that for the time/effort/investment-to-profit, that fixed distribution (LCG) is no longer worth it (no matter what assurances are made now, future desisions will be made then and there).

2: I actually like the look of the game and would have enjoyed playing, but am not prepared to touch random distribution, so for me thats quite simply a dissapointment. I can quite easily "accept" FFG want to donthis to suit "other" players and yet still be dissapointed/unhappy about it personally.

We the express our opinions on these boards, for good or bad. Its not a case of bringing others down, just voicing our own thoughts/opinions.

Me: Very dissapointed in random distribution and it makes me a little uncertain about the future. Its ok saying now that fixed-distribution will still be fully supported and such, but over time if profit figures drive it, things could change.

They're making it because they think there's a market for it. Only way they'll stop is if there isn't one.

I expect it to fail (MTG has this locked down pretty tight) and even if it doesn't I doubt they'll convert their LCGs. It'd be suicidal.

They're making it because they think there's a market for it. Only way they'll stop is if there isn't one.

I expect it to fail (MTG has this locked down pretty tight) and even if it doesn't I doubt they'll convert their LCGs. It'd be suicidal.

I just don't see this game appealing to the MtG crowd, so I really don't think there's a lot of competition there. As for LCGs, you may be right about not converting those players over.

This is not a cig, this a dice game with cards, it's not going to compete with other card games, it's going to compete with other collectable dice games, namely Dicemasters and this is the market it will draw on in addition to its fixed audience. For me personally, I don't do random stuff when I buy something so while I will happily try it and review it and I suspect it will successful, it's not something I wl be paying for.

Yup, it's pretty normal than FFG tries to compete with other markets. For example Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game was clearly created to partially counter Pathfinder ACG; the app for Descent was released because they wanted a coop dungeoncrawl to counter Brimstone and similar; this is made to counter DiceMasters. I'd have been surprised if they didn't want to try to impose their presence on these markets (still, I personally don't like the choice, but that's another story, I'm just saying that from an economical point of view, they did a good move)

I think they got their dice/idea from this game. (Altough from what I've seen destiny is already a better game)

pic2683364_md.png

Justice League I have never heard off but it does appear to have a striking resemblance.

Hmmm, thats not "collectible" may have to have a look thank you!!

Don't thank me yet! ;) I wasn't impressed with it when I saw the review;

I'm already in favor of destiny and the rules aren't out yet.

Don't thank me yet! ;) I wasn't impressed with it when I saw the review;

I'm already in favor of destiny and the rules aren't out yet.

Thanks

As a quickie solo play with a bit of dice rolling and theme, not very deep, I actually like the look of this thank you very much :)

Edit: Yeah ok I ordered it :)

Edited by alexbobspoons