Prepare to Face Your Doom

By FFGElena, in DOOM: The Board Game

Welcome to the DOOM: The Board Game forums. Feel free to use this space to discuss your experiences as both the marine and invader players and the missions you've played. Share your most epic Glory Kills or your most vicious demon attacks, just be kind and respectful along the way.

Learn more about the game from the announcement article, The Invasion is Imminent , the description , and the showcase page .

We look forward to hearing about your tense battles, bold choices, and triumphant finales!

Is it just me, or does it look like the Cacodemon has legs?

Also, super excited for a new DOOM game!

same here although miniature poses are kind of boring.

spoiled by The Others I am...

And I was just going to order Omega Protocol... I really liked the overall concept and style of the first Doom boardgame, but it was poorly designed and balanced, so for ages I was looking for a good substitute in a sci-fi crawler department. I don't like that kept the respawn mechanic, because it tempts the Invader player to concentrate on killing the marine with lowest armor and max HP repeatedly.

Also, I like that the newest video game went back to the roots of the franchise with colors, enemy design and maps style, but the boardgame looks kinda too clean for my taste...

Oh this announcement made me jump from my seat and begin cheering like I'd lost my mind. Hadn't done that in a while...

Still have Doom: The Boardgame, and it's been ages. This new version looks terrific and appears to be more balanced. I eagerly await it to Glory Kill my wallet.

Is this similar to Space Hulk??

Aren't these posts supposed to be locked?

The only question I have is: when can I preorder it??

I literally squealed to see this announcement. Welcome back, Marine!

Is this similar to Space Hulk??

I would say no, i never played Doom but Space Hulk is a 2 player game, your Terminators have one wound and when they die they don't come back, the game has only 2 types of enemies, the marine players time for a round is limited, SH uses Action Points and i hvae found no mention of AP and if you don't count those downloadable chapter expansions SH has no expansions at all.

Of course i'm sure there are more differences (no psychic powers in doom, no exploding assault cannon and so on)

It's different from Space Hulk, but if you like Space Hulk you'll very likely love Doom. The original game was an incredibly oppressive dungeon crawler, incredibly difficult to win and yet of unmatched beauty. Come in the dim lit corridors of the invaded base, dash through hordes of demons and beasts, search desperately for those docking bays that could mean life, or succumb to inevitable death. The gates of Hell are open again my friends, come and join the madness

I really hope someone in charge of the web pages and books sees this post because an error has been made pertaining to the UAC. Every time it is written in full, you have it written United Aerospace Corporation. It is, in fact, the Union Aerospace Corporation.

Please please please notice and make the change because even though it's a small issue, it would be like calling Vault-Tec something like Shelter-Tec or the Umbrella Corporation something like Umbrella Incorporated. It's just jarring.

In other news, I am incredibly excited for this game and plan to pick up two copies when it releases.

I messaged FFG a while ago when fury of Dracula was being re-released if they were going to bring back doom. They told me no they were not and I do understand that they can't say because they probably working on the stuff for the release photos or in negotiations with them for the rights to it. Just when I thought I was done with FFG, they pull me back in with doom! I had to find a copy of it on ebay and got the expansion from amazon. It showed up and it was on our wedding registry about 3 yrs ago. So we got both and both were new. I am really happy and hope that they have fixed a lot of things that were wrong with the first release. Since it looks like it took a page out of descent 2.0 and Imperial Assault. It should be a really good game this time. I need to finish painting the original one. Looking forward to pre-ordering it.

No, it is an entirely new rendition of the game using similar but vastly improved mechanics. Think of Doom (2004) as a survival horror boardgame, and think of DOOM (2016) as more fast-paced action-skirmish. The only real similarity between the two is the IP.