New player making a supportive Tech Priest, Help?

By Merellin, in Dark Heresy

So, I'm just starting Dark Heresy first edition with a few friends and I'm going to be making a Tech Priest, I want to be a all arround support character who can do a bit of everything but master at none. Unfortunately, I know nothing about how to do this.. Anyone got any sugestions? We are gonna be using the core rule book, And a bit of the Inquisitors Handbook.

Without supplements, a Tech Priest is generally going to be pretty lousy at fellowship (given they literally cannot take advances in that) so I'd leave fellowship-related stats to your team.

Tech Priests are basically the best mechanics in the game, so racking up your Tech Use and Security skills (combined with a Tech Priest's high intelligence) is going to make you be able to deal with pretty much anything technology-related that your GM can throw at you.

Due to bionic limbs conferring additional armor, and a Tech Priest's inherent toughness, you can also make a beastly tank of a Tech Priest. Shouldn't be too hard for you to hit 50+ toughness, which, combined with bionic parts, gives you a DR of 6 even before you start wearing armor. You could be a great damage sponge for your team against small-arms fire.

You also get a lot of drive skills, so if you think that might come up in your campaign, go for it. Intimidate might not be an awful skill for you, as, although it's expensive it could give you some viability in interrogation situations that don't require fellowship.

Tech Priests are just pretty solid in general for any kind of support that doesn't involve melee combat or fellowship. I'd make technology related skills your priority, unless this is a heavily feudal based campaign, and go for Perception and toughness on others.

What you'll have is a brilliant tech guy, who can tank for the team and notice everything going on. If you don't want to put too many points into boosting your shooting skills, Tech Priests also get Weapon Training: Flame which leaves ballistic skill basically unneeded.

Thanks for the reply ^_^ I'm much looking forwards to playing the Tech Priest ^_^

We are gonna be using the core rule book, And a bit of the Inquisitors Handbook.

It's bad that you will not use "The Lathe Worlds" - a lot of good things for tech-priests there. But at least you can download " The Lost Dataslate " for some additional options.

I dont know if our GM will let us use that, He said first characters to be made only with the core rule book, And after that we bring in the Inquisitors Hand Book.

Just remember, if your tech priest has more cybernetics and less humanity than a typical borg drone, you're doing him just right.