New AGoT boardgame!

By Julia, in The Iron Throne

Yay! Hopefully these are good news (curious the forum is open and the game is still to be announced)!

Sounds like a re-skin for Cosmic Encounter?

That being said, perhaps, this will encourage more folks to play Cosmic Encounter - GoT style!

I'm definitely more interested in games that more of the masses will want to play!

I'm intrigued to see a more in-depth overview of the gameplay.

Wow, just wow. I can't imagine not buying this game. CE is my second favorite game of all time :)

A pity it's a tie-in and not the wonderful art from the lcg.

A pity it's a tie-in and not the wonderful art from the lcg.

Agreed...

@Bludgeon... what's #1?

I have all the expansions to CE but no one ever wants to play.

@Bludgeon... what's #1?

I have all the expansions to CE but no one ever wants to play.

I have all of them too. Luckily for me I have a few friends who love the game so we can play it quite often :)

My #1 is Talisman.

Any one else getting a bit of AGOT games fatigue? Altough using cosmic encounters does fit the theme very well.

But can I please, now, finally play as someone from house Bolton?

Certainly looks like a better match for the material than the existing Thrones board game (as good a game as that is in its own right, it just plain doesn't "feel like" ASOIF). I just hope the character powers aren't all recycled from CE aliens, and there are at least some changes to the rule system (from the preview article it looks like a verbatim reskin, as far as I can tell).

Any one else getting a bit of AGOT games fatigue? Altough using cosmic encounters does fit the theme very well.

Fatigued from what? I can't believe how slow they are making games. This is the first new non filler board game since the show has come out. They should be pumping out way more.

Really excited for this one, seems pretty cool. I'm solely a fan of the show, so I'm really glad we're getting a cool new tie in game.

Fatigued from what? I can't believe how slow they are making games. This is the first new non filler board game since the show has come out. They should be pumping out way more.

Well, every year this period they pull out a new game based on the HBO series. This is the 4th game in a row linking FFG to HBO (the others being a card game, a trivia game and the so called "Westeros Intrigue") and each of these games feature images taken from the tv series and so on. I'm not saying these are bad games, but it remains that we now have 5 different boardgames set in Westeros (including the origina AGoT boardgame) and an LCG (that's dividing the audience since Lannister decks seem unstoppable) while other lines are receiving a lot less attention.

Beware, for me it's all good, but I'd appreciate some more variety of intents