FFG has made a grave oversight

By JgzMan, in Star Wars: Rebellion

FFG currently makes all the Star Wars games. Not, I hasten to point out, all that there are. All that there can be.Ground Combat, Starfighter combat, Capitol Ship Combat, Galactic Control, Living Card Game, RPG (I think they make the RPG) and sh*tty 15-minute two player card game for when you're board, and there's nothing on TV for another half-hour.

But with all this, they have missed a critical component. We need a soundboard. FFG, you need to lean on Disney to release a soundboard suitable for any/all android/iOS devices, so that I don't have to listen to my friends do terrible wookie noises, and they don't have to listen to my Darth Nasal.

Help us, FFG. You're our only hope.

There are TONS of soundboards available, and I don't think that FFG has the license to produce anything other than games.

Incidentally, one of my friends does a great Wookiee, and I have accolades for my Yoda.

I believe that FFG ONLY got the license to produce the games themselves. They have no artistic license or anything else, just games. I believe.

Just turn on the spundtrack on spotify, or find the old TIE Fighter music on youtube.

There are TONS of soundboards available,

Are there? I haven't found any on the play store.

"X-Wing Pew Pew" is my current favorite.

Edited by Stone37

The official starwars app has a good soundboard.

On 7/22/2016 at 0:24 AM, JgzMan said:

FFG currently makes all the Star Wars games. Not, I hasten to point out, all that there are. All that there can be.Ground Combat, Starfighter combat, Capitol Ship Combat, Galactic Control, Living Card Game, RPG (I think they make the RPG) and sh*tty 15-minute two player card game for when you're board, and there's nothing on TV for another half-hour

FFG has given us more Star Wars card based, miniatures themed, or RPG products than we can shake a stick at. But sadly only one strategy board game (and it took them long enough). I think Star Wars is rich enough source material that a single product is not "all there can be" for Star Wars board games.

I'm glad I have my copy of Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit by Avalon Hill. It's a crying shame the Return Of The Jedi variant (sold as Star Wars Risk) was rushed and flawed. :( I waited some fifteen years for than sequel!

Certainly there is room for more Star Wars board games though!

On 1/3/2017 at 5:36 PM, crimhead said:

Certainly there is room for more Star Wars board games though!

Yeah, but do they have the license or not? Obscure the interactions with Hasbro to me are

I'm not looking for FFG to reuse anything actually copy-written by Hasbro.

But I'm not sure the relationships either. FFG might need direct approval from Disney for each and every new product - and it's possible Disney doesn't want FFG and Hasbro stepping on each other's feet.

Hard to imagine they are prohibited from making another board game of some kind, though. Would their licence even distinguish between board gaames and miniatures? I have to admit the distinction is a bit vague.

Edited by crimhead

download the official Star Wars app, it's got a great soundboard built in.