Fan Expansion: Star Wars The Old Republic

By starwarstsg, in Star Wars: The Card Game

For about the past year, i've been working on custom cards for this game. I'm an absloletly massive fan of this game, and of Star Wars in general, so the two fit perfectly together! I've designed so many objective sets where everything flows together perfectly because there's so many thematic effects that I want to include. I picked the Old Republic era because I'm a massive fan of that time period, there's lots of interesting characters for every faction (well, pretty close. Rebel Alliance got characters from the Republic, because the Alliance to restore the Republic and the original Republic are close enough), and because it's quite simply an awesome time period! There's so much going on and so many new things to explore.

My inspiration mainly came from the Old Republic Novels (SWTOR:annihilation for the first pack), The Old Republic MMO, Knights of the Old Republic (never played KOTOR2 sadly), and the Darth Bane Trilogy.

First off, copyright belongs to FFG and whoever else for the game, copyright for Star Wars belongs to Disney, etc. etc. I'll take this down if I'm breaking any rules I haven't found (but I think that's quite unlikely since there's a custom cards thread that's been going for 241 replies). None of these cards are official, they're not magical spoilers I found, I'm not gonna sell this for profit or anything (since that's definitely gonna cause problems with copyright). I'm just another fan of this game with (limited) graphic design skills, a fair amount of imagination, and an all-devouring hunger to design cards out of the Expanded Universe! :)

Originally, I designed The Old Republic to be a big box expansion, same size as any of the other ones. Then it grew a bit too much, right past the big-box size, so I'm now gonna be ambitious (and kind of stupid and suicidal), and try to design an entire cycle.

With no further ado, I present the first Force Pack of the Cycle: Darth Mechis' Legacy!

iIfugnd.png

7nQ3kcq.jpg

dzGzk7k.jpg

OmFqnx0.jpg

1YZMLkW.jpg

uw8M73O.jpg

I'd absolutely love to hear your comments, questions, concerns, compliments, or any of the like!

(Note: I'm a Star Wars the Card Game player with an incomplete collection, so my balancing and OP wombo-combo eradication may not represent the entire game)

Edited by starwarstsg

Also wanted to say, that if there's anyone else who wants to hop aboard ship and do some design work with me, I'm more than happy to have you. I'd prefer if the sets were Old Republic era, but I've got 10-16 objective set slots open. Individual cards are also more than welcome, I'll definitely try to find a slot for them somewhere. Also, a lot of this stuff is my earler design work, and I'm a lot more happy with some of my other sets coming down the pipline.

Oh! Lifelink! Forgot to explain that one....

When a unit card is Lifelinked to another card, that card becomes an like an enhancment to the card it is lifelinked to. The unit "follows" around the card it is Lifelinked to, it is declared as an attacker or defender with, and only with, the card it is lifelinked to. The lifelinked card can no longer focus to srike, or perform other abilites that require focusing. The lifelinked card can be targeted for damage, events, and enhancments as if it was a regular unit, and if it has damage equal to or above its damage capacity, it is destroyed. Damage dealt to the lifelinked card can be protected as usual (with appropriate subtypes, and such). Only 1 unit can be Lifelinked to a card at a time.

It's sort of like piloting, except the "host card" triggers it, and the hosted card can still be destroyed and enhanced and targeted as if it was a normal unit.

Edited by starwarstsg

Wow man! Really nice work! Just as a heads up, the community moved to the cardgamedb forums. Not quite sure why, but it is owned by ffg so it's legit. Anyway, you should really go and share this awesome work over there! I'm putting the link below :) ( http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/forum/23-sw-lcg-general-discussion/ )

PS: Could you please add Nico Okarr :) He's my favorite Old Republic character.

Wow man! Really nice work! Just as a heads up, the community moved to the cardgamedb forums. Not quite sure why, but it is owned by ffg so it's legit. Anyway, you should really go and share this awesome work over there! I'm putting the link below :) ( http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/forum/23-sw-lcg-general-discussion/ )

Nico Okarr is coming and will be on his way :) ! I haven't found an effect I really like on him or a direction for his set to synergize in, but once I do he's on the top of my list!

Re Cardgamedb, I actually posted there first, and tossed a cross-post here since there's such a large custom cards thread :)

Nico Okarr's Set is done!

1VKJEZr.jpg

XLAe79j.jpg

XJ3VTdo.jpg

lwshyKz.jpg

h0STECZ.jpg

8Ov1sS8.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by starwarstsg

That is awesome work, but one thing worries me. Some of the images that you are using are from Bioware's game (obviously, Star Wars: The Old Republic), and they might have some problems with you using their images, especially for another gaming company.

As The Old Republic is my favorite era as well, SWTOR is one of my favorite MMOs, set of novels, comics and other stories, i can surely appreciate your work...and it is AWESOME. But I feel that Bioware might not be so accommodating.