Why not initiate two battles with the same marching order?

By ElioBena, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

Hello there, I've been playing AGOT for an year now and I would like to know your opinion on this matter:

Why not initiate two battles with the same marching order?

I understand the rules for marching but I feel like being able to initiate two combats with the same march order would not affect the balance of the game and would make it more aggressive.

I think it is to keep players from dominating weaker players very quickly. With one March order, someone can capture up to 3 castles in one turn, taking the win very quickly. It also gives an added advantage to those with higher supply.

I like this rule I feel it makes it more difficult to win, requiring more strategy and cunning.

I think it is to keep players from dominating weaker players very quickly. With one March order, someone can capture up to 3 castles in one turn, taking the win very quickly. It also gives an added advantage to those with higher supply.

I like this rule I feel it makes it more difficult to win, requiring more strategy and cunning.

That is very interesting, because we decided to make this change in order to make the game more difficult to win, requiring more strategy and cunning.

You see, the thing about engaging multiple combats with one march is that in order to be sure you will be successful you have to have a much bigger army because all the other rules still apply, so you need to enter one combat at a time and with a predetermined number of units. In this situation not only you will need to be very careful to not call to much attention but also not let your territory be unprotected afterwards. In the end, what happens is that we only see one or two moves like this in the entire game and it is always one of those moments where the entire table goes crazy with the boldness of the player who push the move.

Well, it might be something that changes from player to player, but at least for my experience this change made to combat much less straightforward and much more aggressive, without losing the strategic thinking that makes this game one of my favorites.