thoughts and question

By Doom Hammer, in The Lord of the Rings: Journey to Mordor

I like the simplicity of the game, I can imagine this one will be ideal to play at the start of a gaming night to get things rolling. I like the press your luck element, but I am a little curious if you are only permitted to stop rolling after you have rolled the white tree, as the review implies and you have to keep rolling regardless putting aside results until you roll the last die. I hope the box size isn't very big as I am running out of space on my games shelf and from the picture it's looking like a standard size.

I will be adding this to my collection When its out as I love lotr and want more games that I can play with friends with out a long session of explaining rules.

Edited by Mighty Martin

I will probably buy this based on the price point.

I like the idea of a "lesser" head to head aspect; where you can slow your opponent or increase the speed of the black riders chasing them (and they to you).

...I am a little curious if you are only permitted to stop rolling after you have rolled the white tree, as the review implies and you have to keep rolling regardless putting aside results until you roll the last die. I hope the box size isn't very big as I am running out of space on my games shelf and from the picture it's looking like a standard size.

Once a player sets aside ​the White Tree, he cannot roll or set aside any more dice for the duration of his turn. A player is allowed to set aside die prior to setting aside the WT, too. If a Nazgul comes up, it MUST be set aside before the WT.

You could choose not to set it aside and reroll it after setting all other die.