Warhammer: Invasion OCTGN

By Dahras, in Warhammer Invasion Community

Hey guys, I just bought the game and have played it a few time with friends (yes I'm still a noob), but I already really love it. Having played a few TCG's before (mostly WoW TCG) I fell in love with playing card games with people online over the OCTGN program and I was wondering if people in this community used it, and if so would want to play a game or two with me. Its a great way to cross-pollinate communities with new deck ideas and it allows people to play many more games than they could normally put in. FYI there is a great OCTGN 2 plug-in for W:I already which is current up to the Skavenblight battlepack.

I'm new to Warhammer in general, what is OCTGN?

Its a free program which allows you to play TCG's over the internet. The old version was kind of difficult to use (it was built for MtG so other games were hard to play on it) but OCTGN 2 is really intuitive. You just download the client and the W:I plugin w/ card data (I'll link them at the bottom), create your deck on the files, and get the port code your opponent is using and play.

OCTGN DL: http://www.octgn.net/downloads.php

W:I Plug-in Site (in English and Spanish... for some reason): http://eloooooooi.net84.net/

Dahras said:

W:I Plug-in Site (in English and Spanish... for some reason): http://eloooooooi.net84.net/

Perhaps because the guy who did the plug-in speaks spanish

I'm up for a game on that thing! Downloaded and ready? Now what? friend each other chat amongst each other and go?

I'll have time to check this out on the weekend. Playing W:I online would be very cool.

vermillian said:

I'm up for a game on that thing! Downloaded and ready? Now what? friend each other chat amongst each other and go?

Well you have to give out an IP... which sucks.... apparently the server host feature go them into legal troubles so they can't do that anymore... The good news is that I'm willing to host if people will PM me on the forums to set up times and stuff like that. I don't have any important info on this computer anyways. Also, we could set up a IRC channel if needs be. I guess if you guys wanted to host that could work as well.

Strike that... there is no PM system... well that sucks.... There is an OCTGN IRC so if you give a time, I'll go on it and we can exchange game info...

Hell just email me if you want.. include W:I OCTGN in the subject... My email is on my profile

Anyone up for a facebook page devoted to it?

Sadly it does not work with wine.

vermillian said:

Anyone up for a facebook page devoted to it?

Sure... I'll make one if there is interest... make sure to email me if you want a game vermillion, or really anyone. I have time saturday and I can't wait to play more.

I am also looking for opponents, who want to play Warhammer Invasion via OCTGN.

BTW your E-Mail is not in you profile.

I'm also interested in playing WHI on OCTGN.

I have set up a community at deckbox for people, who want to play warhammer invasion online via OCTGN

deckbox.org/communities/whi_online_via_octgn

Please join, if you are interested.

Hello, does somebody know where I could find the complete capital cycle?

I think I got mine from Coolstuffinc.com a few months ago.

I'd be up for some play online! Facebook pages are good ways to organize things like this.

nburg said:

I think I got mine from Coolstuffinc.com a few months ago.

Thank you but I was speaking about OCTGN.

Somebody knows where I could find the last battle pack?

I just discovered OCTGN and would love to play some Warhammer Invasion over it. Please PM me if you're interested. I'm in the eastern time zone. Thanks!

I finally had a chance to find a willing tutor to walk me through a couple of games of Invasion on OCTGN. To this patient European gentleman, my thanks.

I'm still really shaky and still might not be able to play with some help from people who're more familiar with this kind of computery stuff, but I'll get there. It sure would be a heck of a lot easier with skype, though I haven't found anyone who is agreeable to that yet.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying this again when I can find some more free time.

Junglecat said:

I finally had a chance to find a willing tutor to walk me through a couple of games of Invasion on OCTGN. To this patient European gentleman, my thanks.

You're welcome - those games were fun for me, too, and no inordinate amounts of patience were required.

And I forgot to say so yesterday - it was getting kinda late on my side of the pond - but that was a nifty Chaos deck you played. Always fun to see something that's a bit more exotic and actually succeed, even if you happen to be the one it is succeeding against …

Glad you enjoyed that Chaos deck Maik. It was the first time I've got to try it so I was quite surprised that it actually worked as I envisioned it. Also extra pleased as that's really the first time that I've been able to make ANY Chaos build work for me.

I was thinking on that daemon that you mentioned letting slide on playing a tactic with no loyaly. I figured out what you were talking about and I now realize that it was a non-issue in this case. It's his twin brother you were thinking of - the one that has the reverse name of the daemon i played - which actually isn't in that deck.

I'll have to rebuild that deck so that i don't have to take a muligan in order for the cards to condense and go where there supposed to. I might need that muligan…

And the Orc deck I tried will have to go back to the drawing board. I'm going to have to take a second look at that quest you used. It seemed to work out really well for you

Junglecat said:

Glad you enjoyed that Chaos deck Maik. It was the first time I've got to try it so I was quite surprised that it actually worked as I envisioned it. Also extra pleased as that's really the first time that I've been able to make ANY Chaos build work for me.

I was thinking on that daemon that you mentioned letting slide on playing a tactic with no loyaly. I figured out what you were talking about and I now realize that it was a non-issue in this case. It's his twin brother you were thinking of - the one that has the reverse name of the daemon i played - which actually isn't in that deck.

Yup - I thought I knew where you were going when you put Raise Dead back on your deck, seeing all the heavies that were already on the table. Play this effect just to combo with Boon of Tzeentch was quite a surprise for me. And as I've said, I love surprises …

Junglecat said:

I'll have to rebuild that deck so that i don't have to take a muligan in order for the cards to condense and go where there supposed to. I might need that muligan…

Once the 5th pack of the current cycle is available, the Chaos village (forgot its name) should help quite a bit. And you should have an idea of how to deal with unit removal, because there are quite a few expensive units in that deck. Dark Elf slavers would just lick their slender fingers, of course …

Junglecat said:

And the Orc deck I tried will have to go back to the drawing board. I'm going to have to take a second look at that quest you used. It seemed to work out really well for you

If you want some more inspiration for self-mutilating Orcs, here's the predecessor of the deck I played: http://deckbox.org/sets/227634