Blank Foundations and Sacrifices for the Cause

By Theo7, in UFS Rules Q & A

I noticed in another thread someone mentioning 2.13.9.1 Any effects referencing a printed number on a face-down card would see that
number as a 0.

I know theis would seen pretty obviouse but i wanted to make sure, would my opponent be able to use the F on Sacrifices for the Cause mutiple times to commit as many of my blank foundations as they like? Im of two minds of this because SftC doesnt reference a facedown card specificly nor does it reference the printed value of the card. Just wanted a clear answer on this as my friend who has just built Yoshimitsu was asking.

Cheers. Theo

Yes, you can play the form as along as you can pay the cost, which in this case is discarding 0 cards.

That's silly. They should fix that.

They did fix it.

They printed Sacrifices for the Cause. In a way its an answer to spam cheap foundation grey wars decks. Most decks that can fit a 0/5 foundation with a block do it...even if the card text is not great.

Also, Hope commits a card as a form, so does sacrifices..At least if they commit your 0/5 foundations on their turn, yuo get them readied during your turn.