can all of the FFG published adventures be used with any version?

By rolento, in Game Masters

Hey! New GM to this game. I have just picked up the beginner set for Force and Destiny. I have a question for if we decide to continue with the game system. Can any of the FFG published modules work with any version of the Star Wars rpg or work with a mix of characters from each of the versions?

I will be running this as a side game to my HackMaster campaign, and an curious about this because I would like to run this using published adventures, at least to start with.

Thanks!

I'd recommend picking up at least one of the three core rule books but if your choice isn't the Force & Destiny rpg then you will need to alter a few details in the beginner set you already have.

In all three cases I recommend you start off with them turning up to a meeting place with their mentor/contact/old friend and discover an ambush set for them but they clearly didn't plan for your PCs as they assumed they were waiting for a group of students and not much better prepared characters they have!

This is because I don't recall anything pointing them towards their missing ally at the start and a little point in the right direction never hurts!

If you do go for Force & Destiny then going for any of the other scenarios will require a little script change but nothing major, do you have all three core rules as you mention mixing things up with all three?

The bits on Obligation/Duty/Morality may not be usable without the version giving the mechanic in question, but otherwise they're all 100% inter-compatible.

The idea is to play through the beginner set for F&D and the additional module available for download. Perhaps pick up the beginner for either Age of Rebellion or Edge of the Empire, play through those two adventures, and then see which everyone liked more. If some players want to be something from each set, that is fine with me, but I'm just curious as to how each of the published adventure books run with each version or a. Mixed group. Either way we will definitely have some core books to use.

And thanks for the responses already given. They have been helpful!

Yes, they tend to give insights on how to run the adventure for each of the 3 CRBs.

Cool. Thanks!

You can also wait until The Force Awakens starter set is release. It is a blended begginer set with characters from Edge, Age, and F&D drawn together on Jakku.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-the-force-awakens-beginner-game/products/force-awakens-beginner-game/

Which is currently listed as "On the Boat" aka shipping from the printer. I think it was slated for either a Gencon or September release.