Death Star Plans and an unguarded Death Star Under Construction

By Glucose98, in Star Wars: Rebellion

If I attack a Death Star under construction with a Rebel fleet, and I have the Death Star Plans (which are allowed to be used against it) -- do I only have 1 chance to roll that direct hit before it is auto destroyed due to being alone?

You only have one chance.

You only have one chance.

Certainly seems that's correct, as written. I wonder if that's the intent?

what I put was wrong. Deleted

Edited by games

Except the Rules Reference states this --

Next Round:

If both factions still have units in the same theater (space or ground), they resolve another combat round, starting with the “Space Battle” step. Otherwise, the combat ends.

– If the only remaining Rebel ground units are structures and there are still Imperial ground units in the system, the structures are destroyed.

– If the Imperial player’s only remaining ship is the Death Star Under Construction and the Rebel player still has ships in the system, the Death Star Under Construction is destroyed

That is why you have only one chance. There is one combat round and if you do not destroy the DSUC you may play DSP. Should you roll a direct hit you score 2 rep. Should you not there are no more combat rounds, DSUC is destroyed automtatically (according to the rules you mentioned) and you do not score 2 rep., since it was not destroyed due to DSP

what happens if you destroy the DSUC during combat? can you still play the DSP objective?

No, you play the DSP after the space battle step. The DSUC would be destroyed during the space battle step (step 5).

I understand this confusion as well. Thematically saying, destroying a Death Star being it a Death Star Under Construction or not is a big feat for the Rebels. I wish we could play the Death Star Plans card just by destroying it, in a way or another. Or else, it will be a wasted objective card if the DSUC is destroyed before rolling the dices for the reputation.

Edited by Seabook

One situation that occurred during a game yesterday was a lone X-wing attacking a DSUC with no other Imperial ships present. I assumed it would still be treated as a combat and sent Jerjerrod there and played his Fully Operational action card at the start of combat to take it out. Was this legal?

One situation that occurred during a game yesterday was a lone X-wing attacking a DSUC with no other Imperial ships present. I assumed it would still be treated as a combat and sent Jerjerrod there and played his Fully Operational action card at the start of combat to take it out. Was this legal?

Absolutely legal.

Also, pretty cool.

Gotta destroy that DSUC before the empire evacuates it and sets it to self destruct. Don't get any points if all the empire personnel and equipment are able to evacuate.

At least that's my thematic explanation.