6th Player expansion

By theRevBob, in Wiz-War

When?

I have the chessex WizWar with 2 expanions, each added a player and a board, and was very disappointed when the second expansion came out from FFG without adding a 6th.
When we will see this?

Also, for further expansions our group has been toying with the idea of an arena area(or areas): neutral boards with movement obstacles but lots of line of sight to open up combat. We like the idea of having one of each wizards treasures here or powerful items like a single treasure worth 2 points.

Judging how its been nearly two years since the last expansion was released, I'm sad to postulate that other expansions may never come.

FFG are making too much money with Star Wars and other high profile IPs right now, add to that I assume it didn't sell well enough to warrant further expansions. Though I do know the base game has been sold out and reprinted and the malefic curses expansion is currently oop...

Sad, since this is the only remaining game that FFG makes that still looms in my library. A critical favorite of ours as well.

I don't really mourn the loss of a 6th player, but would really like some more spell cards. It could be print on demand for all I care, I just want more spells.

As for your arena type of idea, maybe this idea created by Kuhrusty on BGG that I made into an optional rule card might do the trick?

More of this type of stuff may be found HERE

Iron%2BWizard%2BArena%2Bexample.png

Edited by Hellfury

listening to this article TJ had made the expansion itself, or almost tried to do:

http://www.leagueofgamemakers.com/a-brief-history-of-wiz-war/

so the possible roads are two: it create and we must wait, or it not create.

for the second, a lot of people have tried before (also before 8th edition) to make custom expansion, but most of them are focused only on board sector.

in this days i start a personal project about a possible 6th player expansion that include:

- 6th player, orange colour, with miniature and coloured base

- 6th player's orange themed board sector, also double-faced

- 6th player's token and other player's stuffs (treasures, etc...)

- 84 new cards, cointain 1 new grey cantrip (base schools, 12 cards, the same as b/w ones) and 3 new schools (24 cards each)

- a new type of boards, made by triangle, doublefaced with corridors on one side (like portals) and half room on others (i'll explain later)

concept on this project are:

- made possible to play in 6 players

- made possible to play with 3 different decks

- made possible team's matches, with different solution

i'll try to write something more specific about in next days

I recently made my own 6th player (white wizard) expansion that includes board (w. A & B maps), treasures, life dial, base & wizard figure, hats, plus portals to connect the 6 boards. The boards connect as if they were sides of a cube. We played using teams as suggested by someone on BGG - 3 teams of 2 wizards, 3 victory points to win. Teammates start on opposite sides of the cube and take their turn at the same time to speed up game play. Each wizard can take whatever actions they would normally take during a turn. They can't share cards, but they can and should work together. Each player picked a school of magic to add to the deck along with white cantrips. I will try to take pictures and post them sometime this week.

I like the idea of an open arena with a 2 point treasure. I think that would work really well as an option in a 4 player game to 3 pts.

I was finally able to get these pics up!

Here is White Maze A:

White%20Maze%20A.jpg

White Maze B:

White%20Maze%20B.jpg

White pieces:

White%20Pieces.jpg

The White Wizard!

White%20Wiz.jpg

White%20Wiz%20Side.jpg

White%20Wiz%20Back.jpg

You can see that the White Wizard is out of scale compared to the others:

All%20Wizards.jpg

Here is the 6 player board set-up:

6P%20Maze1.jpg

6P%20Maze%202.jpg

A few more views of the maze.

Maze%20side%20view.jpg

Maze%20end%20view.jpg

Maze%20View.jpg

And here are the portals:

Portals.jpg

Portals1.jpg

Portals2.jpg

and finally, the creatures:

Creatures2.jpg

Just want to add my support for a 6th player expansion. I'd definitely buy it.

On 29/8/2016 at 8:45 PM, Cpt Hellcat said:

I recently made my own 6th player (white wizard) expansion that includes board (w. A & B maps), treasures, life dial, base & wizard figure, hats, plus portals to connect the 6 boards. The boards connect as if they were sides of a cube. We played using teams as suggested by someone on BGG - 3 teams of 2 wizards, 3 victory points to win. Teammates start on opposite sides of the cube and take their turn at the same time to speed up game play. Each wizard can take whatever actions they would normally take during a turn. They can't share cards, but they can and should work together. Each player picked a school of magic to add to the deck along with white cantrips. I will try to take pictures and post them sometime this week.

I like the idea of an open arena with a 2 point treasure. I think that would work really well as an option in a 4 player game to 3 pts.

It looks excellent, would you mind sharing the files at BGG.

Im thinking about buying a second core set and having a 6 player variant would be nice

Great work there Cpt Hellcat .
I would buy the 6th player expansion too.

great job

Nice stuff here since I posted.

Sad I will probably have to DIY my 6th player options, but people posted some cool options.
Just don't get why they would release expansions that didn't add player components for a game that played 6 players.

Same thing with TI4 - we've played TI3 with 8 for years and TI4 comes out and plays only 6 with no word on expansions.

On 10/15/2016 at 2:04 PM, Cpt Hellcat said:

And here are the portals:

Portals.jpg

Portals1.jpg

Portals2.jpg

What did you use to create portals and boards? THe stock looks the same as the game stock. Its really good.

Everything was done in Photoshop, printed on my home ink jet printer and spray mounted onto cardboard. The game board was mounted onto thin plywood. Sometime this summer I'll put the files up on a file sharing site. Someone else here asked me for them recently and they were too big to e-mail.