Actualization of LotR Quest Log

By maclis, in Player community

I used to record my games in FFG LoTR Quest Log. But I cannot record quests from Land of Shadow and The Grey Havens. Also heroes from this expansions are absent. This tool haven't been actualized since last year. In previous years, actualizations of the Quest Log were often. But what happened in this year? Is the FFG stopped to improve this tool? Do you know where is the problem?

The last I saw anyone post about it, they had heard from a developer that there was a "marketing backlog" and that the tool hadn't been abandoned, just on the backburner.

But that was in 2015, I think. We are now so far behind the quest releases that we might as well consider it no longer supported. Hope I'm proven wrong, I like to use it.

Maybe we can do something with this problem? I may write to somebody from FFG support, but I don't know to whom specifically.

I know Sydtrack was working on a Quest Log feature for RingsDB, I wonder if he's still working on it. The fan-made tools have always been more reliable than the ones FFG puts out.

Actualize? Do you mean update?

I am waiting for some decent updated weblog for months,... years? too. Each day i think more it is a beauty dream.

maclis, if you can solve this problem contacting with developers, or if sydtrack makes a new weblog, it would be amazing

Edited by Mndela

I am new on this forum, and I don't know exactly who is Sydtrack. His nick on this forum is Sydtrack or maybe he has other nick on this forum (or he is not on this forum)?

When I learn how to contact with him I will try to do it.

I would use a community-made deck log if there were some way to import the zillion quests I have logged in FFG's tool. But I do not see a way they could make that happen. I've been logging since I started playing. I also copy each log into a .doc file so I can keep it when one day the FFG tool ceases to exist, and the document is over 100 pages now. No way can I port that over to a community-made tool without automation.

I still log even though the FFG tool is defunct. For heroes and scenarios that are not present on the log, I choose a similar hero or scenario (like Watcher in the Water for when I log The Things in the Depths), and now I have a very long document telling me what scenarios I need to go back and change once those heroes and scenarios are added.

...sigh.

You can find his contact info in small text at the bottom of the page on RingsDB if you want to bug him:

http://ringsdb.com/

I can contact with Sydtrack and I will do it. But I also want to contact with somebody from FFG, Is FFG have an email adress or topic on this forum, where fans can contact with them?

There is no published e-mail address for the people you need to talk to, I think. People have asked the game developers about the tool while submitting questions about game rules in the past (there is a link at the very bottom of this page for game rules questions). But the developers are not responsible for keeping the quest log updated, that is up to marketing from what I understand.

I asked Sydtrack if he is making RingsDB Quest Log. And he replied that he was making this feature, but he had to interrupt work for some time. Don't worry. He also said that quest log will be finished soon.

I don't know when is "soon", but I think that it will be finished in few months.

Good to know it, maclis. Thanks ;)