Brass Keep Info needed.

By Crazy Aido, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Hey, I'm hoping to run a campaign based around forces laying seige to Brass Keep.

I've so far managed to garner very little information about the place, aside from:

1. It's in the Middle Mountains.

2. It has a keep with some brass fittings.

Ok, there was a little bit more info than that. I know they have a fairly large lake and it appears to be surrounded on three sides by mountains.

It is apprently an ancient fortification dating back to before Sigmar, used by a mad necromancer, which has some definite potential. But I'm more interested in what might have been done in order to modernise the fortifications(To an early modern blackpowder standard) and I'll be honest unless I hear of anything ludicrously to the contrary I will just use my own feotid imaginings to fill in the blanks. It also apparently gaurds the only pass through the middle mountains into Middenheim. Any history or background on the place is most welcome.

I thought it was a chaos keep I know that in storm of chaos is was held by them and Archaon fled there after his defeat.

All other things I found were speculation or out of the Sigmar books. It might have been a necromancers keep then conquered by the empire.

Called Brass Keep because of the large brass doors and domes on the rooftops. (Their might be a lake up their too)

So I think you are free to do what you want

According to the original version of the history of the storm of chaos, the defences were quite extensive, so I beleive I shall have myself a high old time describing ravelins and lunettes.

oh yes.

Time of Legends Empire novel has a bit about, "Morath" etc., the way Sigmar got Nagash's crown of sorcery, there's a description around page 122, ice that shows images of Mourkain etc.

The same events about Morath are recounted the Life of Sigmar but the Brass Keep isn't mentioned as far a I know.

As a former near-lich lair, you could use Drachenfels sort of stuff if you liked.

Edited by valvorik

See, there's a lot of talk about this Lich dude and that is getting the proverbial creative juices flowing...

I'd say put your own twist on it.

The whole 'mad necromancer in a castle/keep' has been done quite a few times, and there are elements of it already in the lore, such as Constant Drachenfel (Drachenfel Castle).

Maybe there's an old forgotten 'god' that demands worship from whoever stays at the Brass Keep or a cult that turns anyone who seeks shelter within the keep into a brain-washed follower or turn the whole concept of the keep upside - maybe its extensive defenses were not designed to keep people out, but to keep something from getting out...

I actually prefer it when lore sources are a little bit vague, it allows the GM to inject his own creative flow into it without having to succumb to a lore protest from any of this players.

Going to put this here as well, I am looking for a lucky player number three as I have two players I can rely on and a few others that may not be able to make it as often. I'm a bit miffed at the idea of running a game with only two players, so I'm interested in getting some new blood involved.

This will probably be running either evenings during the week, or on a saturday.

This will be run on GMT timezones. I have guy joining from 'Stralia, but I don't think the time would suit a yank.

It'll be using fiarly advanced characters.

If you're interested send me a PM or whatever. Looking forward to talking to you.