Canadian 2016 Nationals - Confirmed - Sep 9-11

By Drasnighta, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

As per the Lion's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/LionRampantImp/status/750418786868690944

Holiday Inn Yorkdale, Toronto...

"All Seven" (which includes X-Wing and Armada, as well as the others) played September 9-11

Further Details to Come. That's all we've gotten so far...

I wouldn't expect much on the Friday

Hmmm, so NOT at Fan Expo? Interesting....

Might be worth the drive up there if it isn't at FAN Expo.

i can make that one lol

Wave 3 will certainly be legal by this event. Wave 4? Who knows!!??

I hope they raise the 32 player cap. Seems like they should have a lot more?

They've stated that they're more than willing to raise the cap and have more room based on interest.

Got my tickets!

Definitely going!!

Got my tickets!

Definitely going!!

Me too! Lets carpool!!

I am going to have to wait till August to decide if I go. Hopefully still be an armada spot left by then.

Update from Lion Rampant:

Just a bit of an update: We have received a revised floorplan from the hotel and are currently reviewing it. We'll definitely be able to increase the player caps on several events. More to come!

Update from Lion Rampant: Just a bit of an update: We have received a revised floorplan from the hotel and are currently reviewing it. We'll definitely be able to increase the player caps on several events. More to come!

Luckily for Armada players it has not sold out there is plenty of space left for anyone that is interested.

I'm surprised by how slow the spots for this are going. At this rate the regionals in TO are going to be better attended than the Nationals...

That's the problem when you don't put Nationals in a, y'know, Central Location ....

That's the problem when you don't put Nationals in a, y'know, Central Location ....

Weighted for population, it kinda is.

Also important to note that Lion Rampant is located in Brantford and I doubt they would want to make the outlay to ship and support something out in like Saskatchewan when they can easily draw 80% of attendance for the big events right in the GTA

I know, but the fact stands that Alberta still got 2 Regionals and I don't think any other Province did, so weighted outside of population, but for popularity, there might be some merit to it...

I don't know.

I thoroughly accept that Lion Rampant will do something near themselves.

It just hurts when you're unable to fly for Med. reasons and can't drive because the Canadian Governemnt won't recognise your License....

I know, but the fact stands that Alberta still got 2 Regionals and I don't think any other Province did, so weighted outside of population, but for popularity, there might be some merit to it...

I don't know.

It just hurts when you're unable to fly for Med. reasons and can't drive because the Canadian Governemnt won't recognise your License....

How hard is it to get a Canadian license? Jesus, if the drivers around here are any indication you don't even need to have use of your eyes. Or brain.

Also there is always the train!

I'll pick you up at Union Station

I don't know.

How hard is it to get a Canadian license? Jesus, if the drivers around here are any indication you don't even need to have use of your eyes. Or brain.

Due to strange-ass Albertan Licensing laws:

I have to first submit my current Australian License for Destruction .

They then decide wether they will issue me:

1) a Full Alberta License (Not likely)

2) a Graduated License (Slightly more Likely, but only after passing a $300 driving course)

3) a Learners License (Slightly more likely still, and would involve graduating to the graduated license)

4) Nothing. (Most likely)

When I first arrived, I was told it woul dbe a simple swapover, when I called and talked to them over the phone.

But when I went there, everything changed... Most Probably because the person I talked to in the first instance didn't know the difference between Austria and Australia, and the fact that Australians drive on the other side of the road...

Its compounded by the fact that, I need to retain my Australian License to return to Australia, as I need 2 pieces of Picture ID, and the only remaining ones I have are my Passport and my Australian Drivers License. Furthermore, getting another Australian License issued overseas is almost impossible, because as part of the witnessing laws, you need to have a Police Officer not only Sign it, but provide their Legal Address when they do so , which, in Canada, due to privacy laws (and their own Safety!), they will not do...

So, its compounded by ridiculous costs... Or ridiculous Paperwork.

So my only other option is to front the registry and pretend I've never driven before... Ever. And do their courses before I get licensed, which, I can't drop $600 on do anytime soon.

It is not easy being an Australian in Canada... But I'm sure its easier here than in the US, and for that, I'm thankful.

Edited by Drasnighta

I know it doesnt help the current situation,

but in the defense of the US - you can drive on the road with an Australian license

Edited by CenterPoint

And from Lion Rampant right now:

We've managed to arrange a discount rate on hotel rooms for attendees. If you haven't received the email with the details on how to book your room, let us know!

yah I think it was 169.95 a night or something...,luckily I am staying an hour away