Single player

By c08, in BattleLore: Command

Does this game include single player mode? If so, is opponent AI satisfying, or is it too easy?

Hey! What a question. I was just logging in to rant about the AI.

Yes, there is a single-player campaign and it is actually quite entertaining. The AI is decent. The beginning missions are pretty easy while the later ones can take a few tries.

There is one thing about the AI that I CANNOT stand, though. The AI seems to have full knowledge of the lore cards you play each turn. Quite a few lore cards are defensive. For example, it cancels an enemy's lore card or it deals damage to the enemy if they attack a unit that you select. This information is hidden -- or it's supposed to be. But whenever I play Bone Spurs or Unstoppable, the AI NEVER attacks that unit. It's so frustrating! I don't mind tough AI, but when it outright cheats? I'm not cool with that at all.

Also note that unless you get the expansion, the campaign is only for the Daqan Lords (the blue knights). If you get the expansion, you only get three Uthuk missions -- very disappointing! But if you just get the base game you're fine because the game is totally imbalanced in favor of the blue guys anyway.

Thanks, this helped a lot : )
Btw, I asked about single player cause there are many topics about multi and I could not found any info about single.