UK Nationals

By Ginkapo, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Good shout, meant to post about this the other day then totally forgot. Looking forward to this, will be great to see an Armada event on this scale!

Good luck to everyone!

Has anyone managed to get tickets? I have gone to the website and cannot find the tickets anywhere so not sure if they have sold out already or if I'm just no good at hide and seek.

Edit: Nevermind dumb moment, didn't notice the date on Esdevium's announcement.

Edited by pgarfunkle

Ticket booked, Birmingham here I come!

Just sorted my ticket... really looking forward to a whole day of Armada... just not looking forward to the back pain on the sunday after hours of leaning over tables :(

Tickets all booked! Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Fortunately hadnt bought a ticket yet as theres been a hiccup.

Fractured my foot last night at footy so might not be able to come. :(

I feel like I should point out that rarely in my games of Armada have I needed to use my foot for anything. You could probably manage with just the one working leg...

I feel like I should point out that rarely in my games of Armada have I needed to use my foot for anything. You could probably manage with just the one working leg...

Its more the driving, and potentially standing on my feet for 5 rounds straight...

Its healing fast so there is hope.

Its more the driving, and potentially standing on my feet for 5 rounds straight...

Its healing fast so there is hope.

Skywalker managed fine with a cybernetic hand, maybe you should just get a cybernetic foot instead.

Esdevium have put up some details about side events at Nationals, including for Armada. Two game types, First Contact is a 180pt speed round, while Broadside is a full scale 400pt event.

http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/ffg/ffgside.php#armfc

What hotel are we all staying in? I really want to go, and its basically dependent on how close accommodation is from New Street and the ICC.

Tried driving today, and whilst I can do it its not a real solution for long distance at the moment, gear changes are amusing. (somehow I drove when I fractured my foot, no idea how)

So train to New Street, which is close enough to the ICC, but is there a hotel close by?

Travelling down with a friend and his Caravan so I'll be there, don't think I fancy the 3 whale 9 X-wing build that I took to Regional's however. Sad Wave 3 isn't legal for it as I have a pretty nasty build for that. MC80 Filler Carrier I guess?

Travelling down with a friend and his Caravan so I'll be there, don't think I fancy the 3 whale 9 X-wing build that I took to Regional's however. Sad Wave 3 isn't legal for it as I have a pretty nasty build for that. MC80 Filler Carrier I guess?

Surprised your not moaning that wave 5 isnt legal for play! I dont know how you guys contain the excitement so well.

Please dont bring those whales again! That said bring a list you love! "MC80 filler carrier I guess" lacks a bit of excitement!

Maybe Indy and the horrific B wing spam? I forsee a lot of Rieekan Squads, Rhymer balls, MC30s and Gladiators. So B's..... could be the perfect metabuild.

What hotel are we all staying in? I really want to go, and its basically dependent on how close accommodation is from New Street and the ICC.

Tried driving today, and whilst I can do it its not a real solution for long distance at the moment, gear changes are amusing. (somehow I drove when I fractured my foot, no idea how)

So train to New Street, which is close enough to the ICC, but is there a hotel close by?

Ended up booking at the NiteNite Cityhotels, looks to be about a 5 minute walk, and <£120 for three nights (arriving Friday, leaving Monday) was pretty alright by me. That was a couple weeks back though, looks like the price is up from that now.

But yeah, a couple of us are booked in there for Armada as well as a couple other guys playing X-Wing. Imagine we'll not be the only nerds in the building too!

Ended up booking at the NiteNite Cityhotels, looks to be about a 5 minute walk, and <£120 for three nights (arriving Friday, leaving Monday) was pretty alright by me. That was a couple weeks back though, looks like the price is up from that now.

But yeah, a couple of us are booked in there for Armada as well as a couple other guys playing X-Wing. Imagine we'll not be the only nerds in the building too!

I'm taking the tent up and 5 of us booked a campsite a few miles away for £11 each for 2 nights ;)

I'm taking the tent up and 5 of us booked a campsite a few miles away for £11 each for 2 nights ;)

Part of me's like "it's worth the extra money to stay in a bit more comfort".

The other part's like "that's a lot more ships you'd have been able to afford".

Part of me's like "it's worth the extra money to stay in a bit more comfort".

The other part's like "that's a lot more ships you'd have been able to afford".

The wife would have banned me going had I tried to book a hotel, and my camp bed is rather comfy. And the saving paid for wave 3/4 .

6 or so of us are booked into the penta hotel near the arena, I imagine we'll be in the hotel bar this evening if anyone fancies dropping in!