VI/Adaptability Modifications

By AT Leader, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

What do you do to signify permanent changes in PS? I am tired of pointing out Adaptability/VI what seems like every turn.

It's a double sided card. The side that's faceup should be enough to show the PS has been altered. This was never an issue for Veteran Instincts.

The last couple tournaments I have had to remind more then half of my opponents a couple times a match of the modified PS. I am just thinking of looking for options to d make my life a little simpler.

One option I saw once was someone who made little plastic bits that slipped into the base that covered the PS icon with the updated one.

There aren't any tokens in the game, but you;re welcome to make or buy ones that work.

I've never had any particular problems with my opponents remembering my VIs.

Thanks Mr Tough Guy! Those are the ones I saw!

There aren't any tokens in the game, but you;re welcome to make or buy ones that work.

I've never had any particular problems with my opponents remembering my VIs.

Edited by AT Leader

Use the numbered tokens in the base to show the modified PS and tell your opponent you've done so to help to avoid confusion.

Use the numbered tokens in the base to show the modified PS and tell your opponent you've done so to help to avoid confusion.

I like this. This would also be useful too for teaching new pilots and helping them remember the order the ships will move.

Edited by AT Leader

Thats really creative interpretation of subforums :P

Thats really creative interpretation of subforums :P

True! Curious if anyone had some creative ideas!

In my home game we have all agreed to using the tombstones to indicate pilot skill. This is important because we tend to play 300 to 400 points, and that is a lot of ships to keep track of.

If there are several ships of the same type at the same PS, we use the 1's place to indicate PS, and the 10's place to differentiate the ships. For instance, if there are 5 Academy Pilots in one squadron, we would use the numbers 11, 21, 31, 41, and 51. But you can come up with other schemes as well.

Additionally, we have a dry-erase board where we list the players in order by the PS of their ships:

0. David (because of Enhanced Scopes)

1. Bobby, Mike

2. Rob

4. Mike

5. Bobby, Jay

8. Jay

10. Chris

This is super-helpful when there are 6 of us playing!

If you are playing in tournaments, you could do something similar just on a small scratch-pad next to the table.

I like this. This would also be useful too for teaching new pilots and helping them remember the order the ships will move.

It really is the easiest way. One game, I was running both Zuckuss and 4-LOM with VI; so I stuck '9' and '8' in their bases and informed my opponent that the numbers reflected their PS. Helped avoid any misunderstanding as to what ship was moving when.

I drew these up based on the acrylic ones previously mentioned, and it's my highest trending printable that I have on thingiverse.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1472255

When I uploaded them, I was only looking at VI, but I should really have included 1's and 2's in my design to accommodate adaptability -1's for blocker pilots.

I stole the admiral modifier tokens from Star Trek Attack Wing. The ship stems fit right through or you can mount them into the notches meant for numerical identifier tokens. A black sharpie easily made some of the + signs into -, as might be useful for Adaptability.

After trying it out, I found STAW terrible as a game, but I still wanted some of the miniatures for other games, and the other components are ripe for scavenging parts for X-wing customizing.