Rules // FAQs // Clarification

By TheCrabShack, in The Witcher Adventure Game

Hi all,

I had a few queries earlier today, I messaged FF and received a quick response. I'll post the response here just in case the same questions pop up again.

My questions:

1. Do I have to take two turns?

A) A player can perform a maximum of two actions per turn, but they are not required to perform either of these.

2. Yarpen's armour: Does resting with his armour work like the hearts on the board? (remove one minor wound, flip a major wound) or like a usual rest (remove two minor wounds or one major wound).

A) The two wounds spaces that represent Yarpen’s armor are removed during a rest action the same way wounds are removed from action spaces. As such, when you rest, you can remove two minor wounds anywhere on Yarpen’s character sheet or one severe wound. When visiting a location on the board with a heart icon, you can remove a minor wound from Yarpen’s armor or flip a severe wound on Yarpen’s armor to a minor wound.

3. The Ghoul card (or ones like it): if I have no wounds and so can't flip a minor wound to a major wound and I fail the attack do I receive a new minor wound or does nothing happen?

A) If an effect instructs you to flip a minor wound to a severe wound and you have no minor wound, you do nothing. So, in this case, the Ghoul’s fail ability would have no effect.

4. Aen Seidhe cards: If I receive bonuses leads for having Aen Seidhe cards do I discard the cards after this?

A) Blue investigation cards with traits are not discarded when they are counted for rewards. This includes the traits Aen Seidhe, Nilfgaard, and Lodge of Sorceresses. This is different than the Valuable Information trait cards in the purple investigation deck, which are typically discarded for their effect.

5. Triss' Teleportation: So can I move between 2-4 locations? If I move one normal and then augment this with one teleport (two in total) will this avoid a foul fate card? Lastly, when I advance the war track, is the monster token/foul fate token placed where I left or where I arrive?

5) Using Triss’s Teleportation spell, the player may:

- Move 1 space normally and 1 additional space from the Teleportation spell. (The player moves along 2 routes in total and does not draw a foul fate card)
- Move 2 spaces normally and 1 additional space from the Teleportation spell, then draws a foul fate card. (The player moves along 3 routes in total)
- Move 1 space normally and 2 additional spaces from the Teleportation spell. (The player moves along 3 routes in total and does not draw a foul fate card)
- Move 2 spaces normally and 2 additional spaces from the Teleportation spell, then draws a foul fate card. (The player moves along 4 routes in total)
After the move is complete, the player then advances the war track and places the corresponding obstacle in the region Triss ended her movement, per normal rules of placement of monsters or foul fate tokens.
Edited by TheCrabShack