How does nemesis spawning work ?

By pitprok, in Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game

For example, in the delve quest, peril spawns nemesis.
Where does it go ? In the shadows ? On the leader ?
Does it activate immediately or does it activate in the next round like all the other enemies ?

Thanks in advance

The way I've always played it has been to spawn him engaged with the first hero, causing damage and moving to the shadows if the first hero is already maximally engaged.

I assume I do this because I learned it from the rulebooks when I first got the game, but I'm away from home right now and can't check to be sure.

Only just got the game recently, so I was reading the rules recently.

My understanding is that "spawn" means to place the enemy engaged with the active player (or party leader if there is none) unless otherwise specified.

So I would assume the nemesis follows the same rules and would be placed engaged with the active player.

The way I've always played it has been to spawn him engaged with the first hero, causing damage and moving to the shadows if the first hero is already maximally engaged.

I assume I do this because I learned it from the rulebooks when I first got the game, but I'm away from home right now and can't check to be sure.

So, he only engages without acting right ? Cause i thought i read somewhere that he immediately attacks and I couldn't find it anywhere in the rulebook.

And i'm not talking about the case where the leader has 3 enemies engaged, that's a pretty obvious one.

Only just got the game recently, so I was reading the rules recently.

My understanding is that "spawn" means to place the enemy engaged with the active player (or party leader if there is none) unless otherwise specified.

So I would assume the nemesis follows the same rules and would be placed engaged with the active player.

Yea, since there is no active player in the peril phase, spawn probably goes to the leader of the round. The problem is I read somewhere that the nemesis attacks when it spawns but I can't find anywhere if that's true or not.

Maybe you should check the scenario cards. I think nemesis in the first quests spawns and then immediately activates.

Maybe you should check the scenario cards. I think nemesis in the first quests spawns and then immediately activates.

In the first quest nemesis activates if it hasn't been killed, but I'm generally refering to when the nemesis spawns, not to the first quest. It seems like nemesis just engages and doesn't attack when it spawns (as a general rule)