You get to rename this game. What do you pick?

By Rogue Dakotan, in Star Wars: The Card Game

This game's name bugs me.

It's like making a video game called Star Wars: The Video Game.

Spaceballs the lunchbox! etc etc

It's not very creative.

All of their other Star Wars games have unique names.

So if you had to rename this game what would you pick?

My vote is:

Star Wars: Force Struggle as that seems to encapsulate the conflict the game is trying to portray.

That's just my thoughts though.

To be fair, the previous Star Wars card games have had the names Star Wars Customizable Card Game and Star Wars Trading Card Game... but yeah, I probably would have left the subtitle out altogether and just called it Star Wars.

Don't forget Young Jedi, and Jedi Knights. They at least had more unique names, if not being particularly good card games. Although to be fair, I don't remember enough about Jedi Knights to label it bad or not (at the time I at least thought it had promise).

Don't forget Young Jedi, and Jedi Knights. They at least had more unique names, if not being particularly good card games. Although to be fair, I don't remember enough about Jedi Knights to label it bad or not (at the time I at least thought it had promise).

Yeah, I was going with the main games that had actually player bases. I never played Jedi Knights personally, though I remember not liking the heavy CGI art. All I remember about Young Jedi is that it played like War.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the CGI in Jedi Knights either, although it did allow them to use the gimmick of stereoscopic vision to create 3D images with a pair of cards, which was kind of neat.

That actually is pretty cool. Not quite cool enough for me to go buy cards on eBay to see it for myself, but cool.

The Wikipedia page has a sample pair of cards with the stereo effect. I managed to get to work on my computer screen. Although as I recall at the time, if you were at normal viewing distance from the cards, you'd actually need the cards to overlap to get the image right, which was annoying.

Because this thread got me curious, I dug up the rules. The game was ok, being a kind of mildly dumbed down version of the CCG with some elements from Young Jedi (no movement, space and ground battles separated, destiny draws, fixed locations, etc). But one thing that did strike me is that they had something called a Force Deck, whose purpose and functionality was almost exactly the same as the Plot deck in Game of Thrones. That makes me wonder which actually came first.

If I could rename the game, I would call it "Star Wars: The Cooperative Living Card Game."

Sorry for being a little cheeky, but I'm still not completely over the fact that they switched this game to pvp during development. With all the Star Wars games FFG puts out, I don't understand why at least one of them isn't fully cooperative.

Well, I for one am glad they changed it. I wasn't (and still am not) interested in co-op card games. And if there was going to be one Star Wars card game on the market, I wanted it to be a format I was interested in.

"Star Wars The Obtainable Card Game"

Well, you know... non-randomised distribution and all that compared to previous games. Celebrate the innovation :)

I don't think I'd rename it at all. "Star Wars: The Card Game" is simple, to the point, and tells me pretty much everything I need to know.

Star Wars: Galactic Conflict

"Star Wars The Obtainable Card Game"

Well, you know... non-randomised distribution and all that compared to previous games. Celebrate the innovation :)

^^ LOL :)

Edited by alexbobspoons