Can we just close the boards for a week?

By TripsEX, in UFS General Discussion

If anything, all the anti-game discussion is pretty detrimental, and even if we are at the brink of having the game stay around, 99% of the threads on the front are all pushing it over the edge.

I'd be down for this, because I wouldn't have to see DUTPOTD'S STUPID POSTS.

Just kidding, I love you.

They should just do what Privateer press did a few weeks ago with their forums (I think they may do it yearly) and completely purge all the forums.

TripsEX said:

Just kidding, I love you.

That's not what you said last night.

Keep in mind I have no idea what you did say last night.

It most certainly wasn't that, but the words still stand.

Anyways, a purge of the entire board would be more than awesome.

The entire board? No. Certain sections? Yes.

Definitely need to keep Trades, Deck Building, Q&A, Tourney Reports and Announcements.

I'm sure there's another forum that's worth keeping as well that I'm overlooking.

And that's just in the UFS forums... I'm pretty sure other games have similarly useful forums that would not benefit from being wiped.

Really though, all this chicken little "OMG All this negativity is making the sky fall" bull is just as bad as the actual negativity.

If the game has problems, and it apparently it does or there wouldn't be so much negativity, you could try doing something to help rather then bitching about the bitching. The latter only adds to and magnifies the appearant size of the problem. And yes, I know that I'm complaining about the complaining about the complaining, but I am at least trying to suggest a better solution, so please don't come down on me too hard for my small hypocrasy.

Anyways, I really don't think the problem is as bad or widespread as people are making out. In fact, I feel like I'm seeing more secondary complaints then real ones. Get the picture?

kiit said:

They should just do what Privateer press did a few weeks ago with their forums (I think they may do it yearly) and completely purge all the forums.

I agree this would be nice. But at the same time I really don't think it is all that 'bad'. Yes there are extremely negative concerns being raised, but there are an equal amount of postive responses from a number of well thought out members of the forums (and I'm not refering to myself of late). Part of me sincerely enjoys reading the postive responses to unrest, those coming from all types of players - Joe and Brian in particular, but basically everyone that has real faith in the game.

It just seems a few players have, and with reasons of their own that I agree are valid, have lost faith in the future of the game. I does sadden me that they need to express this in the forums, but at the same time that is both expected and their right, especially since they all have their own fond memories of when they did have faith in the game and shared it with friends who still contribute and read on these boards regularly.

The best alternative is we continue as we are, maybe that is my extreme faith in the game speaking, but when you are enjoying playing that is all really matters.

- dut

and I love you too Trips. I'm not sure what I've done or what I write to bug you or come across as 'stupid'. I put a lot of thought and effort into everything I post, as I'm sure we all do, so please feel free to specifically address what you don't think is smart. Even of late, where I will admit I am 'fed up' with more than one thing or person, I strongly stand behind being rationale and responding the way I'm sure you would too if in my shoes or so to speak. edit: I would prefer this approach, specifically adressing what I do that is stupid, far more than half sarcastic remarks in bold at the start of topics which I consider to be somewhat inflammatory and really just confusing.

aslum said:

The entire board? No. Certain sections? Yes.

Definitely need to keep Trades, Deck Building, Q&A, Tourney Reports and Announcements.

+1

I'd purge Deck Building if only to rebuild it better.

Out of curiousity, why is people expressing their discontent with where the game is bad? Why shouldnt new players know where the game once was and is now? New players dont have the history with this game and what someone might concider bad could be nothing to them. I dont understand why getting both the good and the bad is so terrible.

You know what i think would solve everyones problems? Someone who is close 2 steve or james or someone else closely related 2 UFS needs to get thier attention and get them to post something on here that makes sense to everyone and tells people that the game isnt goin under and that everyone needs to calm down and enjoy the game....i had some of the best ufs games ive ever played today and all this other BS doesnt even matter anymore....

aslum said:

Really though, all this chicken little "OMG All this negativity is making the sky fall" bull is just as bad as the actual negativity.

If the game has problems, and it apparently it does or there wouldn't be so much negativity, you could try doing something to help rather then bitching about the bitching. The latter only adds to and magnifies the appearant size of the problem. And yes, I know that I'm complaining about the complaining about the complaining, but I am at least trying to suggest a better solution, so please don't come down on me too hard for my small hypocrasy.

Anyways, I really don't think the problem is as bad or widespread as people are making out. In fact, I feel like I'm seeing more secondary complaints then real ones. Get the picture?

bostezo.gif

Yanni is right tho, bitching about the bitching will magnify the issue.

btw Yanni, you live in VA right? Will you be in Woodbridge on Jan 9th for that DC regional event?

I don't know... If I can wrangle a ride up there I'd love to... but I don't really forsee transport. ):

PP did their boards cause it was a transfer to MKII for a new look on the advent of the new system/rules, as such you can still go to the Ye Ol' Forums and look at the old posts. Still I get what you're saying, I'd like it but at the same time not remove everything. I really don't think its possible to do it idealy right is the only thing.

Shaneth said:

aslum said:

Believe me, I've seen a lot of it bostezo.gif

Yanni is right tho, bitching about the bitching will magnify the issue.

btw Yanni, you live in VA right? Will you be in Woodbridge on Jan 9th for that DC regional event?

Hey shane you know what u should fly down her on your magic carpet and pick all of us VA dudes up and bring us with you!! You have one of those right :P

I wouldn't be adverse to purging the General Discussion forums once in a while apart from stickied threads, just to clean out the junk. And while you're at it, could we get some new avatars please? I'd love a nice Xianghua picture next to my name :D

Yeah I want the new Mitsurugi :D

Viewtiful_Joe said:

I wouldn't be adverse to purging the General Discussion forums once in a while apart from stickied threads, just to clean out the junk. And while you're at it, could we get some new avatars please? I'd love a nice Xianghua picture next to my name :D

Xianghua cosplay for your character card imo.

Honestly, I'd purge some of the stickied threads as well. They're not particularly useful.