The Purging of Vigil

By htsmithium, in Deathwatch

So I am about to run a small campaign and the player is A storm Warden that took part in the cleansing of Virgil, So to spice things up a bit I decided to to have a small prequel that takes place during the purge ( show how they distinguished themselves for the deathwatch that sort of thing) So I was wondering if anyone had tried to use the Slaugth in deathwatch before? and if so how did it go?

Oh yes. The first mission of a former Deathwatch campaign involved a rampaging slaugth higher-up taken from Dark Heresy: Ascension - and his personal army.

I used hordes of warrior constructs. And made up stats for biological walking weapon platforms. The Slaugth themselves were solid challenges for a very competent, first rank Deathwatch killteam.

The end result was several bionics were needed but the killteam wiped out the Slaugth, letting none escape. Bear in mind, Slaugth don't care about things like vacuum or toxic environments and they should use that to their advantage.

cool thanks, quick question, how did you handle the disintegration rule that Slaugth weapons have?

cool thanks, quick question, how did you handle the disintegration rule that Slaugth weapons have?

You a ght want to use rules for gause flayers since they too effectively disintegrate matter.

I used the disintegration rules as written in the Dark Heresy supplements. If a PC burned a fate point to survive, they "obviously" hadn't been hurt enough for disintegration to occur. Otherwise, they would have turned to dust. No fatalities, and most limb losses were from the (more) conventional weapons of the Slaugth's minions.

You a ght want to use rules for gause flayers since they too effectively disintegrate matter.

I'm wary of copying the gauss flayer rules, as there are already rules for Slaugth weaponry's effects.