Who won?

By KalEl814, in Rex: Final Days of an Empire

At the end of the last round, let's say the only player with units on the board is Sol. And the only space their units control is Mecatol Power South. Does Sol win, or does Hacan win? Let's assume Xxcha's prediction isn't meaningful.

The FAQ addresses the condition opposite to this. I'm fairly sure I know the answer, but... I figured I'd ask. And to add the first new post to this board in a while. :)

Edited by KalEl814

Sol wins.

There's nobody (not even an ally) in the Imperial Palace, and Sol controls MPS.

Hacan's victory condition is as follows (rulebook, pg 14): The Hacan player wins the game if no player has won the game by controlling strongholds or by Sol Victory by the end of round 8.

Empahsis FFG's.

This is the same as it was in Dune - the Fremen victory trumps the Guild in cases where both apply.

Sol wins.

There's nobody (not even an ally) in the Imperial Palace, and Sol controls MPS.

Hacan's victory condition is as follows (rulebook, pg 14): The Hacan player wins the game if no player has won the game by controlling strongholds or by Sol Victory by the end of round 8.

Empahsis FFG's.

This is the same as it was in Dune - the Fremen victory trumps the Guild in cases where both apply.

Thanks, and sorry for my late response. :)

That's what I'd assumed too. I think the wording was throwing people off...

The Sol (or no player, not even an ally) controls the Imperial Palace and the Mecatol Power South.

They thought that since Sol controlled MCS, but not IP, it wouldn't count for them. I don't know why it was assumed that "no player" controlling both didn't include Sol controlling one... but there we were anyway!

Thanks again.