GW Game Updated?

By Old Dwarf, in Horus Heresy

I have a copy of the orginal GW Board Game & from what I can see of the Board it's a 3d version of the orginial.The info about the game system vague as it is also seems to be in line with the orginial board game.I'm sure FFG will put some state of the art stuff & the figs of course are new the orginal was just counters(but very nice ones).I haven't played the game in several years but it was a fun game.

I hope FFG can make the end game a little more interesting a lot of time the Chaos forces were slowly grinding the Loyalist down & then a card would finally pop up & the Emperor could get to Horus's Space Ship & have the end battle (which the Emperor usually won).

Spring of 10 sounds about right,my wife should be over the sticker shock of Runewars by then preocupado.gif

OD

I see quite a few similarites between the original and the new. Some of my all-time favorite gaming memories are of playing the orignal with my son. I'm sure the "tweaks" FFG introduces will only make it better. Now, if only my son could get some leave-time right around the release of the game, life would be perfect!

TK

Well, it says it'd diceless, so it would do away with the CRT and such. My guess is it's an effective;y new system playing a game of similar theme and aim.

this look good. hope its a good deal with a 100 dollar price tag. prolly have to get this one aswell. babeo.gif