Soak Values (I know this has been answered but I can't find it)

By MorbidDon, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Is the total soak value below correct?

soak-question.jpg

Looks that way, yup! Although I can't quite make out whether that red 8 has been photoshopped in or not? Looking at the Traits (Unnatural Toughness) should make it obvious.

But yeah, 8 TB + 8 AP = 16 Soak. Ugh.

Yeah it came from the Black Crusade material - the "8" is there - was a poor scan so I photoshopped it in for easy reading

Aposticator

Servitor Heretek Black Crusade The Tome of Fate 92

Edited by MorbidDon

I'm guessing that this Aposticator may be a Size (6) NPC considering it's overall beefiness and it's movement rate. When everyone gets a +20 to hit you, I can understand why you'd want a tonne of DR. 16 total soak seems to be right without seeing the traits.

Either that or it has Hoverer (6) and is just seriously tough and decked in stuff that's equivalent to power armour. Still nasty either way.

Yeah - it's listed as an "Elite" for Black Crusade characters so go figure - granted on average they get to do an addition D10 of damage...

Tho I am getting my ducks in a row by entering ALL the NPC/Adversaries from ALL the Books into my Fantasy Grounds Campaign - I would use the big guy above for "higher level" gaming on DH2 if/when the characters became "beefy" themselves are just decide to go off the reservation on some sort of caffeine & sugar inspired player whim LOL

Edited by MorbidDon