Major Bren Drelin and Twist

By AeroEng42, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

I have a clarification question on Major Bren from Press the Attack and how his effect interacts with Twist of Fate. His text says, "During an engagement in which you have placed at least 1 fate card in your edge stack, this unit gains [blast Damage] and targeted strike."

My question: if I place a fate card in my edge stack but my opponent played twist to cancel the edge battle, does Bren keep his extra icons for the rest of the engagement, even if I don't play another fate card in the edge battle redo? Thanks!

Twist of Fate's full card text, for reference:

"Cancel this edge battle and the card effects of all other fate cards just revealed. Discard both edge stacks and start a new edge battle."

Since Twist of Fate says to "cancel" the edge battle, you treat it as if it didn't happen. Only the new edge stack counts, including for Bren's ability.

Twist of Fate's full card text, for reference:

"Cancel this edge battle and the card effects of all other fate cards just revealed. Discard both edge stacks and start a new edge battle."

Since Twist of Fate says to "cancel" the edge battle, you treat it as if it didn't happen. Only the new edge stack counts, including for Bren's ability.

Not correct. His ability works just like the TIE Attack Squadron from the core set. If you have placed a fate card into your edge stack, even if that edge battle was canceled by Twist of Fate, he gains the blast damage and targeted strike. See the FAQ , pg 11.

Thanks so much for pointing that out for TIE attack squadron. That definitely helps!

My apologies. That's what I get for not double-checking the FAQ. ^^;