AAR: Raleigh Regional (Pictures)

By PT106, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

My fleet:
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition (398/400)

Imperial I-Class Star Destroyer (110 points)
- Intel Officer ( 7 points)
- Ordnance Experts ( 4 points)
Imperial I-Class Star Destroyer (110 points)
- Intel Officer ( 7 points)
- Ordnance Experts ( 4 points)
[Flagship] Raider-I Class Corvette (44 points)
- Admiral Motti (24 points)
Raider-I Class Corvette (44 points)
Raider-I Class Corvette (44 points)
Assault Objective: Most Wanted
Defense Objective: Contested Outpost
Navigation Objective: Intel Sweep

First round vs Scott:
My opponent was flying ISD2/VSD2/Demolisher build with kitted out VSD (Dominator/Needa/Gunnery/SW7/TRC), ISD2 with Gunnery/XI7/Motti and pretty basic Demolisher (OE/APT I think). He also had a bunch of Tie Fighters with 1 Tie Adv. He was at 400 points, so I had a choice, grabbed first player and choose Contested Outpost. His build got me worried a bit as with Gunnery teams on both of his ships I was potentially outgunned. As a result I deployed to the left of the outpost to be able to engage his ships one at a time.

post-267327-0-99786800-1465444446_thumb.jpg

And so it happened. His Demolisher decided to bite the bullet and unloaded his black dices onto my ISD early popping misaligned projector on it, but as a result died the same turn from retaliation. I think I was able to kill his ISD a turn afer that (not without losing one of my ISDs in return) and his VSD the next turn. So in the end I tabled him while losing 1 ISD and some contested outpost tokens.

9-1

Second round vs Britt:
Britt was flying 6-ships Mothma build with 2 MC30 and 4 CR90 (2 with TRC, one with SW7 and Mothma's pleasure yacht). I was outdeployed, outbid and outactivated (and had Mon Mothma on top of that), so expected this to be a very challenging game. And it was. Britt decided to go first and chose most wanted (surprisingly, as most people usually go for intel sweep). I selected his Admonition while giving the extra title to a Motti's hiding place.
post-267327-0-50305000-1465444447_thumb.jpg

I was able to outmaneuver him, so by the end of round 2 the table looked like this with no good choices for him (note the raider in the bottom left corner).
post-267327-0-89919200-1465444447_thumb.jpg

Britt decided to activate Admonition (the one on the right with the token) first, significantly damaging my left ISD and flying away... right into the double arc of the raider and side arc of both ISDs. I activated my left ISD next erasing his unactivated MC30 (I don't remember if it was a double accuracy or a 10+ hits delivery but it was enough) and throwing some dice to Admonition. My raider activated next with CF and impersonated ISD with his 2 blue/4 black and 1 blue/2 black delivery. Given that corvette on the right didn't have a chance to escape ISD front arc, both MC30s and CR90 were dead by the end of the turn. Not much happened afterwards with his corvettes slipping away and my raiders disenganging.

post-267327-0-39289400-1465444448_thumb.jpg

So in the end i ended up killing two MC30s (most wanted one included) and CR90 without losing anything.

9-1.

Third round vs Tyler:
So I suddenly find myself at the top table facing the match I wanted to face: a heavy bomber build flown by a skilled opponent. Tyler had a Mc80 with Garm, Defiance, Boosted Comms, Leading Shots and AFMK2B with Boosted Comms and Adar Tallon (there were other upgrades as well, I just can't recall them). And there was a full bomber wing: 3 Scurrg, Jan and 5 XWings. So Tyler outbid me and choses to give me first player (Side note: Never, ever give first/last activation to an ISD-I. It is as bad as giving first/last to a Demolisher). I saw Contested Outpost in his objectives and immediately jumped onto it. I don't have pictures
from this match but essentially by the end of round 2 it was a traffic jam at the outpost with MC80, both of the ISDs and all squadrons nearby. During round 3 I killed Mc80 but lost one ISD from squadron fire as
well as the raider that I flew too aggressively right into a AF2. Afterwards AF2 was flying away with no chance for me to intercept it, so the remaining ISD disengaged with a mix of a repair spam and navigation to
minimize squadron shots while raider docked to a station and shut off its engines. As a result in the end we were more or less even on ship kills however I had 5 station tokens vs his 1 and that led to 7-3
victory for me (and overall tournament victory)

Overall it was a very well organized tournament, I met a lot of good and very cool people, flew some ships and had a lot of fun.

The obligatory final shot of a happy Imperial family
post-267327-0-86716200-1465444448_thumb.jpg

Edited by pt106

Awesome!

Great explanation and congratulations !

The command decks looks AWSOME! No wonder you won the tourney. Lol Im the one that sells them. Anyone interested please contact me.

Actually, the command decks belonged to the guy that lost 1-9 in Round 2 (*cough* me), but at least I looked good doing it. ;-)

pt, I tried this list out today and had a BLAST with it! Played two games, first as first player and second as second player. Both were awesome(won both, OE had a HUGE impact out of both front and side arcs of both ships). Thank you for thinking up this craziness, as it is a super fun list to fly. I love high activation lists, and never would have considered trying to cram two ISD's into one if I hadn't seen your list!

First of all, congratulations on the win!

I personally saw this list flying at the Brothers Grimm regional tournament, and it sure looked menacing.

I was the other guy running two ISD-IIs with Screed in my first ever tourney. Suffice to say, I had a bad day, but it was an amazing learning experience. I got to play with some great people and I am now hooked on competitive play.

Pt106, will you be at the Compleat Strategist store tournament on June 25?

I personally saw this list flying at the Brothers Grimm regional tournament, and it sure looked menacing.

I was the other guy running two ISD-IIs with Screed in my first ever tourney. Suffice to say, I had a bad day, but it was an amazing learning experience. I got to play with some great people and I am now hooked on competitive play.

I might be able to make it. Where is it happening and when does it start?

I might be able to make it. Where is it happening and when does it start?

Compleat Strategist

11 E. 33rd Street

New York, New York 10016

$5 entry or buy a pack, 3 rounds, 11:00 AM Start, 400 Points

Congratulations!

I love these AARs you can always learn from them :)