Wanted Posters, but good

By Bludgeon, in Talisman Home Brews

Tired of boring and borderline useful wanted posters of old? Try those new ones.

There's 18 of them in total, just as many as there are originally so you can print this and put into sleeves with original cards used as backs.

Half of them mention something called wondrous items. This is related to my other house rules so without going into detail simply treat "wondrous item" as a keyword, meaning "Draw cards from the adventure deck until you reveal a magic object. Take it and discard the rest."

Alternatively, ignore all such posters and only use those that grant just gold.

lg1_zpswh7yltln.png

lg2_zpsbw4fvmxo.png

lg3_zpsuitd9okh.png

I want more details on these wondrous items....

I want more details on these wondrous items....

Very simple minor change. All I did was removing all magic objects from the adventure deck and made a new deck with them, called wondrous items deck. Then added few ways to obtain them (wanted posters, one new denizen, one new quest reward, some adventure deck enemies also grant them when killed etc.)

97b84d2d-66ea-4ed8-8263-b0a597c6e0e8_zps

Edited by Bludgeon

Interesting. Certainly adds a little more to the Wanted Posters.

Question. Since its an item (trinket) can someone "steal" your bounty and collect it?

sure, they are normal objects.

Wow, incredible alteration to the useless Wanted Poster situation. A very nice improvement! I'd love to see more, maybe a complete deck of 60 different wanted poster quests, and maybe even some monetary quests, such as "Give 'This' Emerald Key To The Cryptkeeper at the Graveyard", or, "Ride this Land of Mab The Mad," or even timer-based ones, such as, "Save Timmy From Drowsing in the River in Five Turns or Less."

while i never aim to get a poster they are more useful than about half the objects (looking at you helmet). trading an ogre for a flail is a good deal imo. But these are much more adventurous, fun and interesting!

A little question about the lore of Anhur Bandit King "wanted for stealing from THE KING".

I think there are no kings in Talisman... every player is trying to obtain the crown of command to become the new king. Is it correct? :)

There's a princess and a prince, there might be a king as well. Doesn't really matter yes?

There is a King in the City, he's disguised as a Beggar... :)

Edited by talismanisland

And a Goblin King, Toad King, Skeleton King, Dragon Kings, Mummy King, Eagle King and of course the Pumpkin King.

Who do you think rules the city

Who do you think rules the city

The Guilds.

Ahah You're right!! Actually there are a lot of kings!

second edition has a king sitting right in the middle of the city.

second edition has a king sitting right in the middle of the city.

Yeah but that's 2nd Ed not 4th Ed.

Edited by Uvatha

Updated version:

- all rewards are increased by 1 gold

- midas gives even more gold

- all posters are made more generic, names are removed (except for midas)

- dedicated wondrous item deck rolled together with relics deck

- minor typos cleared

listy%20gocze_zpswgonw1yq.png

Edited by Bludgeon

These are very cool! Much better than the original wanted posters.

I recently reduced their difficulty and increased rewards a little across the board. After some playtesting, it turns out those aren't that good. The problem is, once you are strong enough to do them, gold is not as valuable to you as in the early stages of the game.