Nationals - Who is Going?

By BiggsIRL, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

As an Origins veteran I'd recommend leaving plenty of time to get your badge. Lines have hit 3 hours to get a badge opening day before. They aren't the most organized con some years, might want to get badge then go to breakfast. Last I checked there were only like 22 people out of the 120 or however many available registered. I think Nationals at Origins might be lightly attended this first year.

That's a good idea Crik. I've never been on opening day and even then, I've only got day passes before. Registration opens at 7am, so that will leave plenty of time.

Also, There is supposed to be an Armada team tournament on Friday. I know it's a LOT of Armada, but has anyone here signed up? I'm considering it and have a possible team mate.

I know DabDarklighter is wanting to play in it and looking for a partner. I would, but either "Howlrunner" is showing up Friday and we get to explore the con together, or she doesn't and I have to hop on a bus to get home and work Saturday.

Edited by BiggsIRL

I know DabDarklighter is wanting to play in it and looking for a partner. I would, but either "Howlrunner" is showing up Friday and we get to explore the con together, or she doesn't and I have to hop on a bus to get home and work Saturday.

Yeah, I've been on the fence about the team tournament this week. I did the one at worlds last year and it was fun, but it was also long; my team dropped after the second of three games. Although, it didn't look like too many people pre-registired for that event.

If anyone is interested in putting together a Rebel team though, let me know and that may make up my mind for me.

If I don't do the Game of Thrones tourney, I might be looking for a partner for the team tourney. I'll know after Thursday, I'm a Judge for the Armada tourney so see how tired I am. I really wanted to play but needed the job Judging to pay for Origins just as much.

What's the prize pack for the event?

Unreleased

I will be driving in tomorrow morning. So breakfast will be on the road. Looking forward to putting faces to some profile names. See ya all tomorrow!

If you are pressed for time for breakfast, hit up "Chicken and the Egg" in the food court at the front. I live off those ham & cheese omelets every year at Origins!

Let's play breakfast more by ear then. Keep posting here when you have your badge and are ready to eat.

Off to grab our badges.

Preregistration line is substantial.

I'm hoping the line starts dying down after 9. Tournament doesn't start until noon and I don't think the exhibit hall is open today, so I've decided to just do breakfast first.

outside of the US, there's no info on nationals, as the Regionals Season doesn't end until the End of July....

Birmingham 13-14th August

If you are going to be a stickler... be correct...

Has this been announced anywhere? I know it was announced but not Date/s and location. Any news on when tickets will go on sale yet?

Edited by KovuTalli

outside of the US, there's no info on nationals, as the Regionals Season doesn't end until the End of July....

Birmingham 13-14th August

If you are going to be a stickler... be correct...

Has this been announced anywhere?

http://www.esdeviumgames.com/news-item/esdevium-to-host-ffg-nationals-in-2016/

Yeah, no ticket details yet but they've mentioned a few times that they should have ticket info out by the end of the month. Here's hoping, I'd like to get everything booked and figured out for this!