Problem with sand people

By Elrath', in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

I've painted one group but I had so much troubles with getting the color right on their robes. They seem to wear very light brown clothes but the color is also a bit cold (so, not as yellowy like Zandri Dust). So, I struggled a lot mixing one that would look good.

I've noticed that many of you have posted pictures of painted tusken raiders and bantha riders that I think look fantastic. So, I'm wondering what paints or paint mixes you used for the base color of the robe?

Edited by Elrath

Hi,

base - Vallejo Buff

wash - Citadel Agrax Earthshade thinned with Lahmian Medium

highlights - started Vallejo Buff and continued going lighter up to Screaming skull (the steps in between were mixes of Screaming skull and Buff)

BTW: Citadel paint range names are silly

I think I did the robes with Zandri dust and did a dry bush over them with some tyrant skull or something like that.

For the wraps I mixed steel legion drab with zandri dust I think. It's been a while. But I know I mixed steel legion drab with something to get the wraps. Didn't do any mixing other than that:

WP_20160130_18_33_06_Pro.jpg

base - Vallejo Buff

wash - Citadel Agrax Earthshade thinned with Lahmian Medium

highlights - started Vallejo Buff and continued going lighter up to Screaming skull (the steps in between were mixes of Screaming skull and Buff)

Vallejo Buff. It seems to be equivalent to Citadel's Ushabti Bone which I already have. I think I'll try a base color of Zandri Dust, highlighting the parts that get the most light with Ushabti bone, Drybrushing with Tyrant Skull and then washing with Agrax Earthshade+Lahmian Medium mix. And then possibly add more highlights where needed.

Thanks a lot for your inputs Polda and RogueLieutenant.

Oh. btw. when searching equivalents for the paints, I found this nifty list:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

Edited by Elrath

I have no idea what color I use. I just mix them up according to what my wife thinks will look good.