Montréal - QC Regionals July 2nd

By CenterPoint, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Anyone going to this regional?

im in rochester NY, but i was thinking of making the drive.

Jesus, I'm actually in Canada and wouldn't make that drive!

Nice city though.

I'll be going, CP, I'm in Albany.

Heh lol Hasitator - im lucky enough to have my inlaws living at the halfway point in the journey. It allows me to leave my fiance with them for the day while i go play plastic space ships (everyone is happy this way)

and Rocmistro - ill see you there!

I hope you guys can make it and have a great time.

The regional will be held at our new location close to metro Cote-Vertu.

Gamer's Vault
1515 Rue Decelles

Cool, cant wait

Im hoping no one will have a problem if all my stuff is in english correct?

Cool, cant wait

Montreal is the "cool" part of Quebec. They are pretty chill about the whole French/English thing and most of them won't even look at you with disgust if you don't speak French. Great strip clubs too, I hear.

I just checked it would be a 7 hr drive for me, so it's hotel or nothing. Can't even imagine leaving at 3am driving 7 hours, playing for 8 hours and then driving back for 7 hours, holy hell thats a recepie for a car crash.

Cool, cant wait

98% of players in montreal have stuff in english

I'll be doing a same-day trip from Ottawa (Uplands, near the airport) if anyone needed transport from there.

Cool, cant wait

Montreal is the "cool" part of Quebec. They are pretty chill about the whole French/English thing and most of them won't even look at you with disgust if you don't speak French. Great strip clubs too, I hear.

/sigh

It's mostly this condescending attitude towards the French Canadians that really triggers them. I live in Quebec city (so you just called me uncool without knowing me), I just spoke in English with 4 people (2 Germans and 2 Canadians) and was totally fine with it. As is most people.

If you go to someone and ask " sorry do you speak English" you'll be fine. If you just go and talk to someone in English you might offend them a little if they speak no English. Oh well. Sorry you have such a bad opinion of us. :S

From my experience, people are more bothered that they can't understand you than that you speak English

Cool, cant wait

/sigh

It's mostly this condescending attitude towards the French Canadians that really triggers them. I live in Quebec city (so you just called me uncool without knowing me), I just spoke in English with 4 people (2 Germans and 2 Canadians) and was totally fine with it. As is most people.

If you go to someone and ask " sorry do you speak English" you'll be fine. If you just go and talk to someone in English you might offend them a little if they speak no English. Oh well. Sorry you have such a bad opinion of us. :S

From my experience, people are more bothered that they can't understand you than that you speak English

Don't get me started on French Canadians. It's not cool to talk politics on this board.

Cool, cant wait

/sigh

Don't get me started on French Canadians. It's not cool to talk politics on this board.

I'm not talking politics, just saying French Canadians are nice people and you can't judge an entire sub culture based on a bad experience.

How'd this tournie end up going? Sadly, I was unable to make it as my Rottweiler ended up getting a tumour under her eyelid that required asap surgery the day before the the tournie, and I was unable to go.

The whole affair left me so down that I had to put down Armada for the last month and I'm just getting back into it again.