Game Storage and Organization

By RookiePilot, in Star Wars: Rebellion

The Rebellion Box is plenty large to hold everything the game comes with. I'm also adding some card holders and a laminated probe sheet for the Empire and still have plenty of room. But, I'd like to organize the storage in a way that speeds up the initial set-up. I'd really like a Broken Token solution, as they seem to really think things out well. My friend has the kit for Imperial Assault and it really does what I'd like it to, keeping the pieces and decks separated and easy to pull out as trays for use. Unfortunately, Broken Token hasn't gotten around to customizing a Rebellion package. So I thought I would ask if any of you Star Wars fanatics have found other solutions to keep your Rebellion game organized?

Oh, and if you like the Broken Token approach, go out and write in Rebellion as your vote for the next game they work on: Broken Token Product Poll

Mostly a simple setup, for me:

Imperial deck box -- holds their missions, projects, action cards, and the probe deck

Rebel deck box -- holds their missions, objectives, action cards, and the tactics cards

Plus 3 bags for each side:

Ground units

Space units

Leaders and side-specific tokens

Dice bag

And a final bag for shared tokens: damage trackers, reputation tracker, round tracker

Low cost setup, fits in the box, and still keeps each set grouped by faction via the box divider.

I just use zip lock baggies. I am gentle, (for the most part), with my games, so zip locks work fine. Now, that said, they don't wear very well, (some of the more robust cards and miniatures will wear out the baggies fair quick), but, overall, it works well.

pic3026320_lg.jpg

pic3026321_lg.jpg

Looks great, do you have links to where you bought the storage stuff? The card holders in particular would work for a lot of games.

pic3026320_lg.jpg

pic3026321_lg.jpg

I'm an X-wing player and the X-wing miniatures always come with a few bags. I save them for future board game needs. Seeing how the cards are the same size as other FFG games, it works out perfectly. All the components are in their own bags. Makes set up and clean up a breeze.

I have three Plano 3500 containers.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41X2267YYHL.jpg

One for dice and damage markers and rings and score/time makers. One with Rebel units and loyalty markers, one with Imperial units and loyalty markers except the Star Destroyers which like the cards and leaders ended up in various zip tight bags I've accumulated over my FFG games purchases. Each set of starting leaders gets a bag and each set of recruited leaders gets a bag. I'd like a finer grain solution for the cards but there is also a point where more bags to open and retrieve stuff from is just as much setup as sorting through the cards.

Edited by Frimmel

The Feldherr solution looks like the best option for painted sets. jonboyjon1990, when you do get it, let me know how it works for you.

Feldherr have released pics of the trays in action:

13331137_1159590424080791_72754143227479

13413043_1160041057369061_87789780216934

13346972_1160521137321053_34049986963911

13423902_1162432370463263_57212366463813

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 2:57 PM, patox said:

pic3026320_lg.jpg

What are those card boxes?

The card boxes are from Spielmaterial

IMO the ZenBins are by far one of the best options. http://www.zenbins.com/products/zen-bins-rebellion/ Can't recommend these enough.

I even reached out to their contact e-mail to ask if there were any plans for the Rise of the Empire expansion. They promptly e-mailed me back, including some preliminary designs of their product that is in development, for sale at a TBD time.