CTF Mod: Castle Wars Style

By RedMageStatscowski, in Doom

A mod I made for CTF which can make it easier for teams to score.

------------

Instead of returning to base if a marine of the same team picks up their flag, the marine can keep it and dodge enemies, and enemies must kill the marine to take the flag back.

Instead of needing both flags in your base to score, only your enemy's flag is needed to score the point. This allows teams to score even while a marine is running about with their own flag.

If a team should score, only place the scored flag back to its base, don't change anything else

-------------

This mod is named after a CTF game in Runescape which uses these rules.

Comment on it

When I was playing with my bro (Knuckles Eki, the starter of this post), he told me something that he forgot to mention in the post he wrote. If a flag is in your home base and one of your marines moves into it, it's automatically returned.

So say that a green marine on the red team takes the flag but gets killed in the blue team's home base by the blue marine on the blue team. Now it was reds turn, and he gets the blue marine to guard (or do whatever). Blue's turn, and the red marine advanced through the flag. The flag was returned because of the red marine, and since the marine advanced, it gets to shoot at the red marine in the red team.

DarkMario111 said:

When I was playing with my bro (Knuckles Eki, the starter of this post), he told me something that he forgot to mention in the post he wrote. If a flag is in your home base and one of your marines moves into it, it's automatically returned.

So say that a green marine on the red team takes the flag but gets killed in the blue team's home base by the blue marine on the blue team. Now it was reds turn, and he gets the blue marine to guard (or do whatever). Blue's turn, and the red marine advanced through the flag. The flag was returned because of the red marine, and since the marine advanced, it gets to shoot at the red marine in the red team.

That's one veeeery confusing example you used there. But yes it's true. If the flag is recaptured when still in base, it's returned to the post.

Anyone else? bostezo.gif