Questions from a new player with a Magic the Gathering background

By Iota, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

1. How is the set rotation structured? I.e.:

a. How often are expansions released?

b. How many small expansions between large expansions?

c. How long before expansions are no longer "tournament legal"?

d. Are there plans for the Core Set to be replaced at some point? (Similar to how MTG puts out a new "edition" every few years.)

2. Is power creep an issue to the point where it would be better to buy newer expansions rather than older ones?

3. Are the small and large expansions both structured like the Core Set (three of some cards, two of some cards, and singles of some cards)?

4. What kind of investment (in terms of duplicate Core Sets and expansions) would I need to make to be able to have enough cards to build at least two playable decks of each faction?

5. Would any particular expansions help get me to this goal better than others?

Thanks in advance!

1. How is the set rotation structured? I.e.:
a. How often are expansions released? About eight per year.
b. How many small expansions between large expansions? six, though there will likely not be anymore big ones.
c. How long before expansions are no longer "tournament legal"? When cycle 8 starts, cycles 1 and 2 rotate out. When cycle 10 starts, 3 and 4 rotate out. This won't happen for another year or two.
d. Are there plans for the Core Set to be replaced at some point? (Similar to how MTG puts out a new "edition" every few years.) I sure hope so! But probably not.
2. Is power creep an issue to the point where it would be better to buy newer expansions rather than older ones? Not too bad, though there are some later cards that are pretty darn strong like Faust (The Underway)
3. Are the small and large expansions both structured like the Core Set (three of some cards, two of some cards, and singles of some cards)? The expansions have 3 of each card.
4. What kind of investment (in terms of duplicate Core Sets and expansions) would I need to make to be able to have enough cards to build at least two playable decks of each faction? You probably will need a second core. It depends on the decks you like for what packs to get.
5. Would any particular expansions help get me to this goal better than others? What Lies Ahead and Future Proof are great starters, and the big expansions provide the most cards per dollar.
Thanks in advance!

Don't forget Opening Moves for our lord and savior.