Animatics World of Stuff

By Animatic, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Wooo just noticed the painting forum was up. Heres a collection of various things I've been painting up for some home made ground based scenarios. Eventually when I have enough stuff painted I'm going to create a campaign for two players, and a GM running the bad guys.

Micro machines AT-ST

795351_md-Empire%2C%20Epic%2C%20Imperial

Black Series AT-AT

797606_md-AT-AT%2C%20At-st%2C%20Desert%2

Walkers and Turbo laser turrets

797749_md-AT-AT%2C%20Empire%2C%20Epic%2C

Finally a Micro Machines Wookiee Gunship

802977_md-Fighter%2C%20Guns%2C%20Gunship

Hot off the production line an Imperial Transport, again another micro machine. Come on FFG do a ground combat expansion :)

This is going to be an objective in one of the scenarios I'm working on.

803037_md-Apc%2C%20Ifv%2C%20Sand%2C%20Sk

Painted up a couple of AT-DPs today to add to my growing force of Imperial vehicles. Next I think I'll add some squads of troopers, need to find some appropriate models first.

803332_md-6mm%2C%20AT-AT%2C%20At-dp%2C%2

These little guys look great man, good job!

:D

EMP%252520AT-ST%252520TROOP.png IMP%252520AT-AT.png IMP%2BAPCTS.PNG

Thank ye. Collecting and painting the micro machines is proving almost as addictive as getting X-Wing models, I fear I may not be able to stop my self building up quite a force :o

I wonder what small plastic treasures Rouge One will bring us.

How big are the entry hatches on those AT-DP's compared to the ones on the x-wing TIE's ? - just wondering about how they would go with the Gozanti docking clamps...

post-269940-0-07526500-1464619819_thumb.jpg

How big are the entry hatches on those AT-DP's compared to the ones on the x-wing TIE's ? - just wondering about how they would go with the Gozanti docking clamps...

The hatch is about ¼ of the size of the ones on the TIE, there quite small.

Thank ye. Collecting and painting the micro machines is proving almost as addictive as getting X-Wing models, I fear I may not be able to stop my self building up quite a force :o

It is fun. Yeah I wonder about R1 myself. I think that will be how the huge T-65 update that FFG has been working on will come.

;)

The hatch is about ¼ of the size of the ones on the TIE, there quite small.

Ah, that's a shame...was kinda hoping to use them together...oh well, thanks for checking ;)

It is fun. Yeah I wonder about R1 myself. I think that will be how the huge T-65 update that FFG has been working on will come.

;)

Yes I wouldn’t be surprised if we get an X-Wing repaint in the black markings revealed by the leaked photos. I assume Micro machines will have a model for the tank seen in the trailer, I'll be snapping up a bunch of them.

Who knows FFG could surprise us and do there own ground combat expansion, a man can dream ^_^

;)

Yes I wouldn’t be surprised if we get an X-Wing repaint in the black markings revealed by the leaked photos. I assume Micro machines will have a model for the tank seen in the trailer, I'll be snapping up a bunch of them.

Who knows FFG could surprise us and do there own ground combat expansion, a man can dream ^_^

I am leaning towards FFG doing a ground war boxed set based on R1... but it will be in it's own scale like Rebellion.

I've started putting the stats and rules I made up onto cards, thought I'd throw them up here, may be of interest to someone.

Heres the AT-ST, the grey shield stat is armour. Each point of armour negates 1 hit from all none ordinance attacks.

post-266100-0-54216000-1464632997_thumb.jpg

Not tried this upgrade out in game yet, I still need to bring infantry into them. Not settled on the rules for troops.

post-266100-0-53288600-1464633127_thumb.jpg

And heres the manoeuvre dial

post-266100-0-39343100-1464633273_thumb.jpg

Edited by Animatic

Great work!

One question: Were can I get some of those AT-STs?

Thanks.

The AT-STs are micro machines, I got some individual on ebay, and you get one in a set called Endor Forest battle along with 2 speeder bikes. Toys'R'us had them on sale recently, so got mine dirt cheap.

There pretty much spot on for X-Wing scale.

Edited by Animatic

FFG could do a ground combat game... something more than a shoot-out with a few figures... Something involving ground vehicles and squads/weapons teams. The Flight Path system is REALLY NOT the way to go for a ground combat game, however. For aerial craft, it MAY work but definitely NOT for ground vehicles.

Then again, there are plenty of Sci-Fi wargames rules out there that can already be used and would be more playable than whatever FFG are likely to cook up. While I find Imperial Assault "fun", it is also expensive, overly complicated (IMO) and limited to very small skirmishes.

Edited by Chris Maes

FFG could do a ground combat game... something more than a shoot-out with a few figures... Something involving ground vehicles and squads/weapons teams. The Flight Path system is REALLY NOT the way to go for a ground combat game, however. For aerial craft, it MAY work but definitely NOT for ground vehicles.

Then again, there are plenty of Sci-Fi wargames rules out there that can already be used and would be more playable than whatever FFG are likely to cook up. While I find Imperial Assault "fun", it is also expensive, overly complicated (IMO) and limited to very small skirmishes.

Ye the rules aren’t the best for ground vehicles and the like. The games I’ve tried them out in have been fine, and good fun. But that was with me running the game as a Games Master, rather than a normal player, that way I can fudge the rules and smooth out the rough edges. As a fun scenario based compliment to X-Wing its fine, but a proper ground based game would defiantly need different rules, particularly movement rules.

Have you tried doing ground troops like they do sqaudrons in Armada, so no dial just a rangeruler, and they either move or attack, could add upgrades so they can do both of course

Have you tried doing ground troops like they do sqaudrons in Armada, so no dial just a rangeruler, and they either move or attack, could add upgrades so they can do both of course

That's what we do. We only use templates for big, directional things like AT-ATs and Juggernauts.