Regular Tournaments starting in the California Bay Area

By Syd, in 3. AGoT Organized Play

Hey everyone! We are going to be starting up regularly scheduled tournaments at our local store, Black Diamond Games in Concord, CA. The plan is to have events on the first weekend of each month (probably Sundays, but that could change). We are planning to have our first tournament of the New Year on January 3rd. We want to gauge how many people are going to be in town and available to play. The play group is really friendly, and we welcome new and interested players.

If there is not enough interest or availability that close to the new year, it will probably be postponed a few weeks. BUT, if you want to play please let us know, because we have a dedicated core of people who are ready to get things going! Just post in this thread to let us know what your plans are. As soon as we have enough interested player (6-8) we will post the tournament detailsbut it will most certianly be an LCG only environment.

Happy Holidays!

Syd and the rest of the Iron Bay Meta

<Deathjester26 rises from the dead after many months of board inactivity to post...>

I vote for Saturday the 2nd as I will probably still be in town, and hopefully will have had the chance to get a few games in the week before.

Well shoot, if Jester says he can make the 2nd, that's just about good enough for me! We miss you man! So, this is your chance people, chime in if you can't do the 2nd, or if you can!

Our first tournament of the New Year is scheduled. Here is the info:

Christmas is just around the corner, then 2010! (Where are all the flying cars?) But seriously, what better way to bring in the New Year than to celebrate with New Thrones (the NEW Martells that is). That's right, House Martell is back and better than ever and we are having a tournament in their honor.

The idea is to have an LCG Melee (multiplayer) event including some deviously fun special rules to pay tribute to our friends from the south...no not Mexico > Dorne. (This may end up being a Joust if attendance is low...so bring a deck for both just in case)

This event will be held on SATURDAY (1/2/10) at Black Diamond Games in Concord, CA. It will start promptly at 11am and we will play 2-3 rounds, then cut to the top table. Since the format is LCG, all cards from the core set, clash of arms cycle (except Jaqen and Pyro. Cache), ravens cycle, kings landing cycle, kings of the sea expansion and of course the new Princes of the Sun expansion are legal.

If you have questions about this event please contact Daniel (cha0s) via email at [email protected]

Hope to see you there!

Also (by popular demand) we will be holding another tournament on the following weekend. The details have not been ironed out yet, but if you can't make it on the 2nd and think you might be able to play the following weekend shoot me an email with your date preference. gran_risa.gif

I will be there on the second with my son, but we won't be able to get there until about 1PM or so.

I hope this works out, even if I take a loss in first round thats ok.

Syd fears the championship deck anyway so he could use the help :P