Can't upload pics?

By Darkcloak, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Hey folks. So uh... this is why FFG had to make sure the uploader was super simple to use. I'm an idiot.

Apparently I can only upload files 97.22KBs in size? Down from 500 something?

Am I missing something here? I would like to keep all my art in one spot but even when I open a new topic I'm still locked in at 97KBs. Any suggestions?

Your best bet is to have it hosted somewhere else and then link to the pics.

It has worked well for me anyway. Can't really blame FFG they don't want to have to host that much data.

Edited by Timathius

Yeah just grab a free host and then link the images from that so you can share high quality pictures for us all to enjoy.

:)

Tiny crap phone images ain't even remotely cool.

:huh: :mellow: :rolleyes:

Ugh. Well there goes that wonderful idea.

I can hardly be bothered to upload pics on here why would I go to another site to post pics, just to post them here?

Ugh. Well there goes that wonderful idea.

I can hardly be bothered to upload pics on here why would I go to another site to post pics, just to post them here?

Because as mentioned earlier, they (FFG) shouldn't be hosting your content, you (or a third party) should. :)

I use a photobucket account. Its really easy to upload pics and then you just click the 'image' line, automatically copies then you can paste it into the forum.

The other advantage is you can store you pics and if you frequent multiple forums you don't have to upload them several times.

I mainly use by PB account for re-enacting and WWII pics as i post on half a dozen collectors forums but I plan to move a lot of my pics from my general uploads folders to dedicated xwing ones.

Edited by Gadge

I think I'll just rebbot my dakkadakka account then. It was a great idea but, I'm just not interested in the hassle. When I want to upload a picture I don't want to have to first go to another website, and then come back here and do it all over again. If dakkadakka can afford to host literally unlimited pictures on just the membership and advertising revenue they make then I'm sure FFG can too.

Anyways, I'm glad to see the P&M return and I look forward to watching it grow, albeit without my contributions.

Cheers and enjoy the subforum!

PS: FFG, please remove the upload limit, or make it a daily or even weekly cap. I'd love to share my work, but also; I'm lazy and technologically impaired. It's a lucky thing I can even manage to post memes!

Just giving this a go :)

If you're looking at a scary T-Rex I've just uploaded a pic. If not I got some fine tuning to do.

Edit: so that's the way to do it!

1. Click more reply options

2. Choose file

3. Mine was from Documents but wherever image is stored

4. Attach this file

5. Post

FYI, big bad Rexy is my Google Profile pic.

post-277300-0-81952800-1464342789_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tyres Kem

If you're looking at a scary T-Rex I've just uploaded a pic. If not I got some fine tuning to do.

2. Choose file

4. Attach this file

5. Post

See how nice it works?

2. Choose file

4. Attach this file

5. Post

See how nice it works?

I was expecting hours of blood, sweet and tears filled with frustration and followed by months of therapy.

Turns out it was about a minute. Took more time typing the post than uploading Rexy.

2. Choose file

4. Attach this file

5. Post

See how nice it works?

I was expecting hours of blood, sweet and tears filled with frustration and followed by months of therapy.

Turns out it was about a minute. Took more time typing the post than uploading Rexy.

Now you can go buck wild Brah!

:lol:

Now you can go buck wild Brah!

:lol:

post-277300-0-72485000-1464368013_thumb.jpg