Cards Interaction Question

By liran218, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

Hi,

I have a question regarding two cards interaction:

I have Storm of Spirits spell (Any Phase: cast and exhaust to gain +3 to Combat checks and to use Lore instead of Fight on your Combat checks until the end of this combat).

I also have an active Mythos Environment card - Slugs (Fight and Speed checks in Arkham are made at a -1 penalty).

If I successfully cast the Storm of Spirits spell while have the Slugs Mythos card in play, is the Slugs ' penalty affects the combat? Meaning - am I replacing Fight check with Lore check when using this spell, or am I only using the Lore's stat while still doing a Fight check?

Thanks!

Don't read in the cards more than they say: Slugs affects your Fight. Are you using Fight for the next combat check? Nope because the spell allows you to use Lore instead. Thus, you go full power on lore, and forget about the environment

Hope this helps :)

A Combat check is typically a special kind of Fight check, but when you use SoS, it's a kind of Lore check. The slugs penalty would not apply. Appropriately, a Mythos card that affected Lore checks would apply.