Arkham Horror LCG?

By Supertoe, in CoC General Discussion

If it is a hoax someone did a really good job on it.

Awesome news.

If it is a hoax someone did a really good job on it.

For those of you who played, does that box looks similar to a deluxe box from the game? Maybe different art, maybe not? Because they could have replaced the name with Arkham Horror, and kept a deluxe box. After all, the colors look terribly like Order and Chaos from Netrunner, and the box seems pretty thin in the pic. I know nothing about CoC, so thought I'd ask.

Edited by Toenail

Actually, the colors are slightly different than O&C, but you get the point. It could be a good fake. But I doubt it. There will likely be an official announcement within the next few weeks.

It looks like a pretty good fake modern LCG box ;)

(I hope it's real though!)

Looks like any of the newer smaller LCG core boxes like the last CoC one, Conquest, AGoT 2.0 etc.

My wallet would (or will..) hurt so much :)

Edited by alexbobspoons

OMG, that's exactly what I wished for in the general speculation thread on the LCG forum!!!!

Will buy ALL.

I have to say, with the FFG lines I am following I really dont need another cash buy-in at this point... but I also dont want any of them to be discontinued.... but if the Arkham Horror LCG rumour is true and based on the LotR framework, then I will be buying all of this product.

If if if its true, lets hope the core box model is a bit different to LotR though as the LotRx3 buy-in for a full set does create far too many wasted duplicate cards compared to other core boxes. CoC and SW boxes created almost no wastage with multiple buys which I am much more in favour of. I dont mind buying two or three cores at all when most of the cards will be usable. I still havent bought LotR core number three as a full price for basically about 12 cards is just a shocker.

Yeah, if it's investigator-focused they could very well make it 3x everything in the core this time around. If investigators function like identities in Netrunner they could make roughly 80 unique cards work for an introduction for 2 players.

I doubt if they will go 3x everything as they always say they would rather have more variety of cards (in lesser numbers) for newbies. I liked CoC having 1x of everything because it meant a good variety for new players but buying 3x cores to get a 3x playset meant so little duplication that was useless thus money well spent :)

Yeah, but it would shut up the complainers for once, and it would be worth it :P

They should have 3x of everything, cause so few people buy second and third cores, because the encounter cards are useless.

Maybe this will be the first LCG with a "top-off expansion" for the Core? It makes more sense for a co-op LCG since extra encounter cards are useless.

or maybe they'll go to a 4x card limit with 2x of each card in the Core like Doomtown: Reloaded did? That seemed to work out fairly well and gives a better single-core experience.

Whatever, I care less about that than whether this is real and when I can get my hands on it.

If it's branded an LCG it's to be expected they'll go with 3x max for most cards, but they could have special cards with no limits or fixed sets of more than 3 of something. Perhaps a "bag of tricks" for different professions: weapons and restraints for the law enforcement type, offensive spells and artifacts for the cultists, students and protective spells for the scholars.

With this little information so far it could be announced as a 2018 product :/

I'm still convinced it's a fake.

But maybe it gave FFG an idea for a new product, considering the interest it garnered... ;)

I'm remaining ever hopeful, but not expecting much :)

Edited by evilidler