Opposing an Interrogation?

By Rogue Dakotan, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Let's say I'm the rebels and one of my leaders is captured by the Empire.

The empire reveals that they've assigned Boba Fett to the interrogate mission.

Can I send a leader to oppose that? Or since the captured leader is already opposing, does that count as my one leader I can send in?

It felt odd when we played and Boba was interrogating Dodonna and then Leia showed up to try and keep him from spilling any secrets. :P

If a mission is attempted "against a captured leader", the captured leader opposes the mission and rolls dice. The Rebel player can also send another leader from his leader pool to oppose the mission as normal.

If it helps, think of it as the captured leader opposing the interrogation drugs/torture by focusing on a trusted friend or the guidance of a mentor. Leia may be recalling a rousing speech Dodonna gave to give her strength.

If a mission is attempted "against a captured leader", the captured leader opposes the mission and rolls dice. The Rebel player can also send another leader from his leader pool to oppose the mission as normal.

If it helps, think of it as the captured leader opposing the interrogation drugs/torture by focusing on a trusted friend or the guidance of a mentor. Leia may be recalling a rousing speech Dodonna gave to give her strength.

Haha that's pushing it.

I love the game a lot, but the core mechanic of the leaders is certainly, in my opinion, the least thematic thing about it.

"Sir we'd like to move the fleet out of the system."

"Negative you can't do that, Lando is here. He won't let us leave."

"Ok..."

Love the game. Some of the theming get's a little odd in your head the more you think about it when it comes to the leaders though. Which is usually more fun for me to try and rationalize it than anything anyway.

Haha that's pushing it.

I love the game a lot, but the core mechanic of the leaders is certainly, in my opinion, the least thematic thing about it.

"Sir we'd like to move the fleet out of the system."

"Negative you can't do that, Lando is here. He won't let us leave."

"Ok..."

Love the game. Some of the theming get's a little odd in your head the more you think about it when it comes to the leaders though. Which is usually more fun for me to try and rationalize it than anything anyway.

I don't see it that way. Lando is commanding that fleet and they are already busy. A fleet (or units in a fleet) cannot perform more than one task at a time. A single round is not a series of events happening one after the other, but a group of events happening simultaneously.

I like that Stone. Not like you would swap fleet command half way through a maneuver

You can find the theme to explain just about anything in this game.

Boba Fett is doing an interrogation mission. You oppose that with a leader by utilizing an imbedded spy in that Imperial facility to slip the prisoner some pain killers so he can better endure the torture.

Boba Fett is doing an interrogation mission, but the rebels lead a small strike team to rescue the captured leader. The damage to the facility is great, and Boba Fett is forced to defend the facility. The rebel strike team is repelled, and they fail to rescue the leader, however Boba Fett was injured, the captured leader is inspired by the rebel strike.

Boba Fett is doing an interrogation mission, but the rebels convince an Imperial politician with rebel sympathies to hinder the interrogation with all kinds of bureaucratic nonsense. Boba Fett needs to fill out several forms in triplicate, and once that is done, Boba Fett discovers that the interrogation drugs were never delivered and are now on backorder. Once they finally arrive, the interrogation devices are on their regularly scheduled maintenance cycle and the interrogation droids are all suffering from damaged motivators with no spare parts available at this time.

As for leaders and fleets. Vader is discovered to be in system. A decent sized rebel fleet is in the system, so the rebels are honestly worried about what might be happening. Lando is sent to investigate and utilizes all the resources of that fleet to track down Vader's location and intent. They simply aren't available to assist in the attack on the neighboring system as they are tied up with other operations.