Any Info on the 2016 Gen Con Event?

By BobtheEnforcer, in BattleLore

FFG is hosting a Batltelore event at Gen Con 2016:

http://gencon.eventdb.us/event.php?GameCode=BGM1692568

However, its sorely lacking in details. Does the whole event really take 7 hours? Or is a 7 hour block where we can choose to play 3 games? Are all the mini's provided? Is it a tournament and whats the structure?

I'd really like to see this event thrive, but nobody is going to sign up for a 7 hour event with absolutely no details!

Nevertheless, 7 out of 20 spots are already taken :)

On GenCon website, it is said that minis are provided

Does anyone else think that this is Elves? They like to release stuff at gencon, they are being extremely vague about it, and minis are provided. Seems pretty fishy to me...

The description of the event reads "Meet the Heralds of Dreadfall in this semi-competitive event! A board game of tactical fantasy combat. Prizes for participation & top tier". Doesn't sound like Elves to me

Oh I see. Drat.

I WISH I COULD GO TO THIS!!!!!!!! :(

to see at least an official tournament may be a good sign for elves soon appearance on the scene.

Got a response from FFG:

We supply all of the needed game components and you'll be playing 3 games within the 7 hours.

3 games?! How long do they think a game takes?

I'd say it's pretty reasonable: 2hrs per game to accommodate slow-thinkers + 20 minutes break + 20 minutes into/wrap-up. Makes sense to me.

This makes no sense. Most games of Battlelore take about 1 hour. An hour and a half at the absolute longest.