GM and Player Resource Pages

By VonHales, in Zombie Apocalypse

Hey Everyone,

I don't know if anyone will be interested in these resources but I put my time into making them for my campaign and my PCs. I hope some one will be able to use them. Please open with Google Docs.

Happy gaming,

-VonHales

GM Rules and Reference Board - Print on 11x17 paper. I laminated these and pasted them to cardboard making a (large) GM screen.

GM Story Tracker - Print on 8.5x11 paper. I wanted to use one of these sheets every session slowly reducing the infrastructure status. I use the second page as a story teller reference so the session doesn't become to repetitive and I can track the groups goals an my own. It is a huge help to have some direction while being creative on the fly.

Player Equipment Log - Print on 8.5x11 paper. A basic way to let the PC's keep track of there gear and take notes. I wanted then to keep track of the own ammo counts so I would have the put down there total round count and I would tell them how many rounds they used per turn. The Chargeable section,i.g. camera, flashlight, cellphone, GPS, etc.) I just a general battery type which would be one block would be 10 min of use. after that they would need to change out the batteries or plug it in to charge.

Enemy Stress Tracker - Print on 8.5x11 paper. For every encounter I would name the NPCs combative and draw on the dotted lines to denote the total amount of enemies in the conflict. Dependent on the size of what the PCs are engaged with I will only use a preset amount of stress boxes per slot. If it is a large horde of enemies I will just make every successful attack reduce the horde by one box. Please add negative dice accordingly when engaged with a horde.

NPC Creation Sheet - Print on 8.5x11 paper. A simple sheet to make complex NPCs that you want to be a staple in your campaign.

Simple Vehicle Record - Print on 8.5x11 paper. Simple sheet to track vehicle damage, modifications, gas, etc.

Edited by VonHales

Great stuff! Wish there were more folks active on this forum... the EotW game is awesome. Ive been playing a solo campaign for a couple weeks and plan to introduce a couple players this summer.

Great stuff! Wish there were more folks active on this forum... the EotW game is awesome. Ive been playing a solo campaign for a couple weeks and plan to introduce a couple players this summer.

I defiantly agree. I find it simpler to lead people into the RPG world with this game after I hook them onto board games :)

Agreed, quite useful. I use cards to keep track of things like weapons, enemies and NPCs in the past, but I can definitely find use for a lot of these as well.

Hey Everybody,

What do you think I need to change or add on these documents?

Any info will help.

Thanks,

-Von

These are absolutely awesome!

The only thing that I can think of is finding someone online who is good at graphic design and can make them look like the style of the game manual.

Thank you for your work on these; they'll be very useful to anyone who plays this game.

I particularly like that you clarified how much stress various enemies can take and I think that the sheet for keeping track of what cars the players have access to and how much gas, the mileage, etc., is very helpful.

Edited by divinityofnumber

These are absolutely awesome!

The only thing that I can think of is finding someone online who is good at graphic design and can make them look like the style of the game manual.

Thank you for your work on these; they'll be very useful to anyone who plays this game.

I particularly like that you clarified how much stress various enemies can take and I think that the sheet for keeping track of what cars the players have access to and how much gas, the mileage, etc., is very helpful.

I am going to look into this. Thanks Div.

This is great, Nice and clean easy to read.
Thank you very much for sharing this with us :)

Thanks for doing this and sharing

wooow amazing Stuff!!! Thanks!!

These are super useful! Would it be possible to generate PDF versions and upload them somewhere? I've tried the "Download As" options in the Google Docs menu, as well as just printing to PDF, and the margins always come out weird (with a couple lines of charts ending up on the next page). I also evidently don't have some of the fonts that you used. When I try other document types in the "Download As" menu (and I've tried them all), something isn't right with each one, be it format or missing fonts/icons. It would be nice if there was just a set-in-stone PDF version that included the needed fonts.

Thanks! :)

P.S. The GM reference board has a typo on the top ("referance").

I note at least one error in the books that you have here as well unless I've missed some clarification in the posts here.

I'm starting to run Revolt of the Machines and the Resistance rule seems off to me. Per the rule on page 31 (seems to be the same page on all four books),

"Your resistance is equal to the number of tiers in the matching stress track that have all three boxes filled in."

But on page 45, it says,

"Keep in mind that as a stress track fills up, the character increases resistance to further stress. This means that once a character has 6+ stress in a category, it takes being dealt 3 stress to add even one more point to the character's stress track."

This fits in with how I think it should work in part because you'll never get to a 3 Resistance as with the first statement, you don't get 3 Resistance because you must roll to become unconscious (success) or die (failure).

If I missed discussion on this in an earlier thread, feel free to pass it along, especially with any other mechanic issues :)

Carl